User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 33 of 147 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, he's also missing a couple of things I would put in there... like the fact that malaria has a vestigial chloroplast
    and the 13th rib which some people have (8% actually).... chimps and gorillas have it.
    what's hay fever? :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will not argue this, there is nothing to argue and it appears to be keeping fairly friendly. Good for you.

I believe in God. It takes faith, that's the point.

As far as proof, again, it takes faith, that's the point. If you wonder what I mean by that, read the bible. If you have and still do not understand, you missed the point.

Now, Darwinism. You know he never said we came from apes or that apes would be like us someday (if that were so we should have seen something of it by now). He said we came from the same branch. This may be. Who am I to say how God did it. Also, they never found the missing link, no proof. As a matter of fact the theories keep changing on how we did come into creation because they're that, theories. There is not enough proof and a lot of assumptions. To believe in evolution you must have faith in that belief.

I to doubted when young, and yet lacking in a grasp of my on mortality. I can not tell you why I believe. It would take too long and I think you have to live it. But, I more than believe, I know. For me he reached down to the depths of the human sewer and pulled me out. He gave me a life far happier than what I was heading for and one that I did not know existed beyond Donna Reed.

What does he ask of me, Be good to others. I try to do my best, but being human I sometimes I fail.

I hope you all had a good Christmas.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Also, they never found the missing link, no proof. As a matter of fact the theories keep changing on how we did come into creation because they're that, theories.
    Quote[/b] ]There is not enough proof and a lot of assumptions
    doesn't ANYONE read the 25 previous pages [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    we are talking about SCIENCE here. a SCIENTIFIC theory means something COMPLETELY different than regular english "theory"
    Quote[/b] ]If you are skeptical by nature, unfamiliar with the terminology of science, and unaware of the overwhelming evidence, you might even be tempted to say that it's "just" a theory. In the same sense, relativity as described by Albert Einstein is "just" a theory. The notion that Earth orbits around the sun rather than vice versa, offered by Copernicus in 1543, is a theory. Continental drift is a theory. The existence, structure, and dynamics of atoms? Atomic theory. Each of these theories is an explanation that has been confirmed to such a degree, by observation and experiment, that knowledgeable experts accept it as fact. That's what scientists mean when they talk about a theory: not a dreamy and unreliable speculation, but an explanatory statement that fits the evidence.
    http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/...re1/index.html
    please... It's very frustrating having to repeat myself so much in the same thread.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and what do you mean there's not enough proof
    here- http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/section1.html
    note there are more pages.
    what else do you want? god coming down and saying "evolution is real, that's how I allowed for change to happen with life as I allowed for change to happen with the earth"[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    How can anyone dismiss ALL of that evidence? everything points to evolution.
    There's 26 pages. They're not just there to make this look like a long thread.
    on the same link is this about humans http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs....tes_ex3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, Alpha. I have read every word, and I still see no concrete proof. Just because you wrote it down, or you read it in a book, or it is an idea that makes sense to you, so be it! It proves nothing. It is just words with nothing concrete to back it up, just your own "faith" that it is true. I don't care about the evolution/creationism crap, as I think it is just that. People want to know where they came from, and any story is just as good as another. I guess I will find out when I die and stand before God. Then I will know.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Browse through this list a bit: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/species.html

Which of these creatures are animals and which are humans? Are homo sapiens the only species in history qualifying as humans? If so, where exactly would the missing link be found if not in this list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course the "missing link" has been found.
    several of them in fact.
    Australopithecus afarensis being the most obvious.
    those who say "there is no missing link" or "transitional fossils have never been found" are simply ignoring reality, because it conficts with their views..
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those interested in the details of human evolution, I highly recommend the book
    "Blueprints: Solving the Mystery
    of Evolution
    by Maitland A. Edey and Donald C. Johanson"

it was a book for one of my college classes, and one of the books I kept..
    a great read!
    Scot