User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 34 of 147 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off let me say this, when did i state my beliefs in this thread, you are all assuming what i believe, which you are all wrong about, but iwas just stating a counterpoint to your argument.

to those of you who keep saying creationism and evolution cant exists together why not, i mean creationism just says a higher being(lets not call it just God, cause there are polytheisistic religions) created teh universe, earth, and living creatures, it does not say that these creatures neverchanged. also you evolutionist only seem to attack the judeo-christian/islamic view of creation, what about the other creation theories.

the hominid argument is pretty weak in that most of these "species" are based on 2 to 3 incomplete skeletons, which could very easily just be exterme anomolies in the human form. also they are jumps from one to the other, there are no fossils of a sort of homo habilis and sorta homo erectus, it is either one or the other, no evidence for the slow graditual change.

and let me say this, its not that i dont believe in evolutoin at all i dont believe it is the orgin of life on this planet. I want to know where the evolutionists believe this first cell that all animals evolved from came from. How did this first cell get on planet earth. That has always been teh sticking point for me.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also, Australopithecus afarensis seems to be a dead end not a human ancestor since it lived concurently with anatomicly modern humans, there is no evidence of interbreeding and they died out after anatomicly modern humans arrived on the islands where they are found.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A) "Species" is just a label. There's variety between individuals of a species. A creature is considered a member of a new species when those differences are significant enough to warrant it. Humans are physically different now than they were 100,000 years ago. There's no reason to name a new species for every century of our development provided we're mostly unchanged, so the creatures in that rough time frame are called homo sapiens. There are no jumps from one to another species... only jumps in labels applied to them.

B) Many of the timeframes listed for when those species existed not only connect... they overlap... often for up to a million years. How can that possibly not allow for enough time between species for the gradual changes from one to another? A million years is an easy number to say, but remember that's about 10x as long as the entirety of human history.

C) Evolution doesn't require the parent species to die out. In fact it would be pretty strange if a whole species went extinct suddenly just because another had emerged. The new species may have had traits more desirable to the environment they were in, but that doesn't mean the entire population of the parent species was immediately killed by or even lived exclusively in that region.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, the development of life on earth didn't have to start with a cell. Merely something like a proteinoid.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Dec. 31 2004,1:50)]I want to know where the evolutionists believe this first cell that all animals evolved from came from. How did this first cell get on planet earth. That has always been teh sticking point for me.
    Something I find fascinating is the concept of eternality. Trying to fathom God's "always will be" isn't too difficult. It's the "always has been" that I find challenging. I know that's a bit of a tangent from what I am quoting, but it reminded me of it.

Rose: You remember Donna Reed? I used to watch the reruns of her show. Then there's, "It's A Wonderful Life": "Buffalo girls wontcha come out tonight, come out tonight..." Seriously, I am glad that He came to your heart. "(S)he who has ears to hear..." Obviously, you heard!

Luis: Hay fever - that wonderful reaction your body has to foreign airborne particles that IT thinks is harmful. Thus, profuse, annoying sneezing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only saw this post now. So why isn't there any creature that has features of both plants and animals or between humans and animals? Surely now that we have "evolved" into creatures more "fit" than any other organism on earth, plants and animals that we don't actually raise will slowly die off, and we will gain the ability to eat rocks...

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Dec. 31 2004,1:50)]I want to know where the evolutionists believe this first cell that all animals evolved from came from. How did this first cell get on planet earth. That has always been teh sticking point for me.
    atoms came together and formed RNA like molecules (they where not living) all they could do was copy themselves (the copying process was sort of like a "reaction", if they where in the right conditions (correct temperature, pH etc) they copied themselves. These RNA molecules evolved to be more complex and came bacteria (the first cells).

Anything else?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would say to believe that these random atoms in a sterile enviroment coming to together to form well first amino acids then more complex protien strands takes as much faith as believe that a higher power created it. I mean conditions would have to be perfect for that to happen and still what would cause the atoms to want to for these primitive amino acids and protien strands.

oh and for my statement about the hominids, i know they overlap in time but there are no transitional specimens between the differnt speices which you would expect to see especally during the time peroid that they overlaped, instead one of the hominids always seems to outlast the other.