User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 36 of 147 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Dec. 31 2004,12:40)]and yet... do you have ANY proof ANYTHING like we have for evolution? can you go out and ask god if he created the animals how they are? no. That is why evoluton is scientific. Because you DO have proof and you can go out and touch/experiment with it. You can drasticaly change species (even make subspecies in just a couple thosuand years) like cultivars of plants and varieties and you can experiment with bacteria and fruit flies.
    Religion has no proof, only some book that could have been writtne by idiots for all we know.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah so don't go acusing us of having no proof because you don't have 1% of the proof we have!
    and we don't relie on faith, we rely on science.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I haven't posted to this in while but I just couldn't resist posting again. Wow, this has gotten to be Really long. I think this is the first one that we haven't had locked before it got to page 20! LOL

Quote[/b] ]And if you want to bring this ingroup-outgroup bias into the mix [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]... enemies of those regions would easily start to conclude very confidently that God was punishing those "wrong/evil/lesser" people. If the earthquake had occurred in the Middle East I have no doubt I'd be hearing this from people in my neighborhood even.
    some extremists would say that that's proof god was punishing US and that he favors animals.
    I absolutely HATE it when people say God is punishing another religion because it is "wrong" even if is right or wrong.

Quote[/b] ]I decided to start learning a little about politics this year, and quickly discovered I just couldn't stomach it. The political world is an unabashedly unsound place when it comes to logic and conclusion-making. So few people in politics seem to see any value in intellectual accountability... I don't get it. The fact that they have so much influence in the workings of the world scares me.
    Ah politics. The definition of politics: many bloodsucking creatures, poly meaning many, and tics mean blood sucking creature.... I really hope there aren't any politians here.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Quote[/b] ]Quote
    And to those of you who keep calling religion evil, i say you are the ignorant, evil people, since you do not respect peoples rights and can only site a few instances where religion has been misused to base your accusation on

Maybe you're a fool for beliving something that was written by man.
    Many Many things that were written were written by a man... but some things were written by women! I couldn't resist! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] But Seriously everything that was written was written by a human, so would that make everything uncrdedible because it was written by a human being? That would nulify all biographies as being fiction.

Quote[/b] ]I won't accept a quote from the bible. i want proof that the information in it is sent from our creator. Faith isn't an answer either.
    There is proof, the prophecies that have been tested by atheists have been shown to be impecible. The ones that predicted stuff in the near future were thought to be wrong until the same prophecy went into more depth and further into the future.

Quote[/b] ]If you want me to give you physical proof and facts that evolution is a true, i can give it to you. There is so much that i could be posting here all night.
    There is SOOO much that we could be posting.

Quote[/b] ]of course the "missing link" has been found.
    several of them in fact.
    Australopithecus afarensis being the most obvious.
    those who say "there is no missing link" or "transitional fossils have never been found" are simply ignoring reality, because it conficts with their views..
    Scot
    And 3/4 of them have been shown wrong, or to be hoax.

Quote[/b] ]atoms came together and formed RNA like molecules (they where not living) all they could do was copy themselves (the copying process was sort of like a "reaction", if they where in the right conditions (correct temperature, pH etc) they copied themselves. These RNA molecules evolved to be more complex and came bacteria (the first cells).

Anything else?
    Wow, I don't think I have enough faith to believe that life came from the unliving. We have done experiment after experiment trying to get life the way evolution says it happened, and we have nothing to show for it. We may get all the protiens and stuff but no life. If so, it would be everywhere, and the Bible would have ceased to exist hundreds of years ago.

Quote[/b] ]This is science, not science fiction. You will never have a turtle suddenly be born with wings
    What about the koopa troopers in Mario? Dang those guys are cool! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Quote[/b] ]It's not just words, unlike the bible, you can experiment and prove. a bunch of lunatics could of written it for all you know.

Religion has no proof, only some book that could have been writtne by idiots for all we know.
    I sated above atheist historians have tested the Bible and it has been shown to be the most consistant book ever written. I know you'll say I'm wrong, but I have seen demonstrations using atheist books to back up the Bible. And pleas don't accuse me of not really seeing it. That would be testing my cedibility, and it would be rude to call me a liar if you've never even met me in person.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL wes!

Quote[/b] ]What about the koopa troopers in Mario? Dang those guys are cool!
    afrensis was the lucy species not the recently described one

hum homo erectus is a good example of a closely releted species, we have stone tools from that species too
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]But Seriously everything that was written was written by a human, so would that make everything uncrdedible because it was written by a human being?
    no because they are not talking about this omnipotent being with no begining and no end that somehow made the earth be covered in water... that is very good and yet asks abraham to kill his own son for him... etc.
    You can actually go out and look at fossils, look under a microscope, etc.
    Quote[/b] ]And 3/4 of them have been shown wrong, or to be hoax.
    no they haven't. One in hundreds does not qualify as 3/4ths. What about all the hoaxes of religion? Besides, scientists uncovered the hoaxes.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6770329/
    Quote[/b] ]There is SOOO much that we could be posting.
    well post it. You're not very credible by just saying that.
    Quote[/b] ]I sated above atheist historians have tested the Bible and it has been shown to be the most consistant book ever written
    ... Of course the historical part is going to be consistant because that's when it was written! (about the jesus box and others... click that link above...)
    The others that CAN be tested (math... physics, etc) are either said to be metaphors for something (ie. the flood) or they're just not possible to test (god existing)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate it when Luis posts first than me. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Dec. 31 2004,1:18)]I sated above atheist historians have tested the Bible and it has been shown to be the most consistant book ever written.
    The bible has hundreds of versions, and hundreds of variations. How can it be the most consistant book ever written? I doubt it was an atheist, probably a creationist.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, maybe the Bible was written by a by a bunch of idiots, but those "idiots" made detailed prophecies centuries before hand that were fulfilled in every way.

I agree that there are tiny organisms that act in some ways like plants and in some ways like animals. But there is nothing substancial that has evolved from these things. Almost all organisms must have decided on one characterisic or another because this would make them more hardy, right?

Also, it has been scientifically proven that all humans today are descended from one pair. I guess that means that a male superanimal and a female superanimal evolved at the same time and then continued to thrive while all others died out.

The explanation for creatures and ape-men that aren't around today - The Flood (of which there is also evidence). It's all pretty simple.

Peter
    the cellist