User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 39 of 147 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (buster1 @ Dec. 31 2004,6:44)]And what do you mean the sun is not a chariot of fire! Next thing you'll be telling me is the Easter Bunny is not a monotreme and can't really lay eggs.
    Don't worry... the Easter Bunny is real. Eggs don't just hide themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] people were talking about prophecies in the bible that were accurate. What were they?
    Don't forget to write the passage you find the prophecy on and what it says.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I just got back from vacation. I missed 31 pages! LOL!

Anyway, evolution is obviously fact. The exact paths and the driving mechanisms are subject to theory, but evolution, including speciation, has been observed in the wild and in the lab. That evolution occurs is not even a theory, but established fact. Exactly HOW, and what paths it's taken is theory.

Creationism, on the other hand, doesn't even rise to the level of theory in the scientific sense. It's a story, one that some take literally and some take allegorically, and some simply discard. It has no testable hypotheses, and is not technically falsifiable, and thus is not even a scientific theory.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Mike King @ Dec. 28 2004,5:44)]Hey Dino,
    I think you are very much mistaken to say the Salvation army don't do much. Most of mankind's problems like Bosnia, our country etc are pretty much self inflicted.
    How do you expect God to help you when all you can do is stick your finger up at him?
    Quote[/b] ]I have lived there, and my grandmother lives there full time, I think I do know how it works.
    All they do is peacekeep, we carry on the struggle ourselves.
    If they really want to help, they should give us food and jobs.
    They should lift the law that children have to pay to go to hospital.
    And whats god done for us? Nothing. Nothing at all.
    Thats why I odnt believe he exists. If he did exist, he would have helped us.

Hi Starman,
    There is also the 'problem of good', not just evil. Why do you think there are so many people working for justice ( or you could say social injustice) in this world? Thats how God works. I would take Bono from U2 as a good example Christians work against injustice in this world

Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Dec. 31 2004,8:09)]Hey, I just got back from vacation. I missed 31 pages! LOL!

Anyway, evolution is obviously fact. The exact paths and the driving mechanisms are subject to theory, but evolution, including speciation, has been observed in the wild and in the lab. That evolution occurs is not even a theory, but established fact. Exactly HOW, and what paths it's taken is theory.

Creationism, on the other hand, doesn't even rise to the level of theory in the scientific sense. It's a story, one that some take literally and some take allegorically, and some simply discard. It has no testable hypotheses, and is not technically falsifiable, and thus is not even a scientific theory.

Capslock
    ironically, i'd like to say amen
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to be a fair scientist....
    Quote[/b] ]but evolution, including speciation, has been observed in the wild and in the lab
    speciation has been observed in the wild/lab? when? how? what? who? why? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been looking at the whole argument between you guys about 'Creation V Evolution' and its pretty heated!

I became a Christian 27 years ago. My experience of God and what Jesus has done for me is real. I have seen God at work and have seen an amazing healing of my own mother of a chronic illness. It completely baffled my aunt (my mother's sister) who is a doctor how this happened and had no explanation for it.
    That aside, Christianity IS about relationship to God through Jesus Christ and you know when you either talking to a brick wall or not!
    I have done a theology course and biblical interpretation was covered; the first chapter in Genesis to cut to the chase is a poem. A poem that relates to the Sabbath. Its a not a scientific document or anything like that, but the reality is that God did 'create out of nothing' (the big bang theory verifies that), most scientists now believe there was a first Homo sapiens. Whether he or she was called 'Adam' or 'Eve' noone will know. The flood was real enough, the last Ice age caused world wide (but obviously not total coverage of a 300 foot rise in sea levels. The flood story originated from Babylonian mythology and excavations there around the city of Ur revealed flood sediment 1 metre thick ABOVE the old city. Massive flooding events due to melt water easily explains this.
    Its not about believing in Science instead of God, but working it together. As Albert Einstein remarked:
    "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
    Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm lame then. LOL
    If god wants me to believe in him/her/it/them (whoever/whatever god is/are) then he/she/it/they 'll show me what I want.
    I am how I am (skeptic... scientist... need proof...etc) because of how god made me (right?) or where he put me (environment), so he really can't blame ME.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything