User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 43 of 147 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Micro and macro are true, the theory is linking everything together. (saying humans come from apes)
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is mind numbing in ten page increments.

The creation vs. evolution argument is nothing more than a debate over method. Belief in evolution comes from a belief in the scientific method, while belief in creationism comes from capital letter Faith. It's absurd to expect everyone who believes in evolution to be able to explain every nuance of the theory. As absurd as it would be to expect every driver to be able to explain the physics involved in the detonation of a fuel-air mixture.

I believe in molecular biology's ability to interpret organic molecules. Even if I can't do it myself. My education focused on other things. But that belief is different from a creationist's Faith in creation or Heaven's Gate cult members' Faith that their souls would follow the Halle Bopp comet to heaven.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Biological evolution is a change in the genetic characteristics of a population over time. That this happens is a fact. Biological evolution also refers to the common descent of living organisms from shared ancestors. The evidence for historical evolution -- genetic, fossil, anatomical, etc. -- is so overwhelming that it is also considered a fact. The theory of evolution describes the mechanisms that cause evolution. So evolution is both a fact and a theory.
    http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/faqs-qa.html
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe that being a christian and not believing in evolution are mutually inclusive. I'm not sure but I think about 10,000 posts ago the point was made that most of the major mainstream religions are not inherently against the theory of evolution. If I am wrong please correct me - but remember I am talking about the process of evolution NOT the creation of time/space/matter or the creation of the first living organism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alpha Wolf,
    The only reason that God does not speak to you is you have no relationship with him. The bible is clear on that one. Can you show me where science and the bible conflict?
    Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Mike King @ Jan. 01 2005,4:42)]Alpha Wolf,
    The only reason that God does not speak to you is you have no relationship with him. The bible is clear on that one. Can you show me where science and the bible conflict?
    Is that a trick question? They are polar opposites.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] Can you show me where science and the bible conflict?
    no because you'll say they're metaphors.
    I think that if you believe the bible, you believe what it says (not make everything that disagrees with science a metaphor). I would either believe the bible literally or not believe it at all.
    let me put it this way... You have a friend right? You want him/her to believe something. If they don't believe it, you have to send them to eternal punishment in the hands of the most evil thing in the universe.
    Do you use metaphors that seemingly go against science or do you tell them what you want them to believe?
    The bible is using metaphors that seemingly go against science.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Mike King @ Jan. 01 2005,4:42)]Alpha Wolf,
    They conflict everywhere. The question is, do the bible and science agree on any point?