User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 44 of 147 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ETERNAL punishment... ETERNAL. Do you get what ETERNAL means? F-O-R-E-V-E-R !!! infinite! never ending!
    I'm supposed to believe that the thing (god) that puts us in the earth without knowing a thing, that CREATED us and gave us our personality and reason how it is, that put us in the environment we are in (some people in some places have NEVER even HEARD of the bible or it's teachings... oh yes... all men were created equal... right) would cruely punish us ETERNALLY for what we did in our short and ignorant life span? You experience basically NOTHING in your lifespan.
    but we should have believed the bible right? not to mention the fact that some people have never even heard of the bible, a collection of books (and there were many others that the church didn't pick) gathered by the church that were written thousands of years ago?

and then I'm supposed to believe that that thing (god) that put us there is pure niceness and fairness and omnipotent and everything?
    Why the heck did he CREATE evil anyway? there was no evil before he existed. For there to be something (even an idea) there has to be a creator right? So he created evil. He KNEW the devil was going to be evil... yet he created the devil...
    to give us a choice? ok, let's give my little ignorant baby brother (hypothetical brother lol) a loaded gun and let him choose if he wants to live or not. How does he know it's loaded and could KILL himself? he doesn't. he's too ignorant to know the difference.
    oh... he killed himself so let's punish ALL that comes after him (like god punishes US for what adam and eve did). Lets punish criminal's babies.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AE,
    What conflict? There are an overwhelming number of scientists who are Christians (Most of which do not have a view that the Earth is young)

So as for science and the bible being polar opposites, please take a look at this link to a recent paper by a Dr Christine Done of Durham university. She is a Christian and very much a scientist and has no problem with science with her relationship to God

http://www.ras.org.uk/html/press/pn0309ras.html

Personally, I do not subscribe to literal interpretation of the genesis text. If you firmly believe in order to accept Christianity and having to take poetry as historical fact you will never reconcile the 2. if you are interested, I can send you some notes which shows there is no problem with science and Christianity
    as a word document which explains the Genesis chapter 1 and 2 accounts of creation which won't conflict with anyones scientific point of view. Please send me an email if interested.
    Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's so hard to avoid not giving my opinion on this topic. I'm just gonna say that this is an interesting topic.... but we are starting to get personal. I guess you could say that AE and I are watching to make sure everything stays calm. If you need to be refreshed on the rules AE put down for the topic go to page 33, the second post.

Keep it clean,
    ~Wes~
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]There are an overwhelming number of scientists who are Christians
    so? people aren't perfect. There are scientists who believe things I don't. That doesn't mean they're right or that they are true scientists.
    Most people have a need to know where they fit in in life (I'm perfectly fine not knowing), and religion provides it (it's all wishful thinking to me). Just because they're scientists doesn't mean they're not people.
    Most proffesional scientists are actually athiests anyway.
    Quote[/b] ]If you firmly believe in order to accept Christianity and having to take poetry as historical fact you will never reconcile the 2
    when that poetry is written as historical fact then yes...
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heh... like you said It's hard not to say what you think. I didn't want this to turn into a religion topic but I guess it's too late :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Alpha wolf,
    Would you like the study notes? genesis 1 was not written as an historical account..
    Best Regards

Mike King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wes,
    Its not getting personal at all. I don't feel attacked and I am curious why AE and Alpha wolf have such strong opinions on this matter which can be reconciled by reason.
    Best Regards

Mike King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Would you like the study notes?
    sure but if they're too long I'll read them later :P My head sort of hurts from trying to read too much too fast (the talkorigins.com pages)

(is this the longest thread in TF's history? LOL)