User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 46 of 147 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 368 of 1176

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

  1. #361
    herenorthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    almost Hartford
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a quick visit to the www.bible.ca site shown in Jeremiah's photo. I found this in a page of young earth evidence:

    "If humanity is really about 2.5 million years old (as claimed by Dr. Louis Leakey), creationist calculate from conservative population estimates (2.4 children per family, average generation and life span of forty-three years) that the world population would have grown from a single family to 10 to the 2700th power of people over one million years. The present world population is about 2x10 to the 9th power, an infinitesimal part of the 10 to the 2700th power."

    If that's the kind of science that creationists foist upon their followers, there are some seriously misinformed people out there.
    Bruce in CT

    Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

  2. #362
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Religion can definatly coexist weith ecolution. evolution is wdely accepted n europe, and they certainly havnt dropped religon.
    that makes no logic

  3. #363
    Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    18,768
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say hello to Mike King (It's about time you joined in!) and Jeremiah.

    Also, I would like you all to consider this exerpt from the book of Job:

    Job 38:4-11 4 "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. 5 Who determined its measurements—surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? 6 On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone 7 when the morning stars sang together and all the heavenly beings F172 shouted for joy? 8 "Or who shut in the sea with doors when it burst out from the womb?— 9 when I made the clouds its garment, and thick darkness its swaddling band, 10 and prescribed bounds for it, and set bars and doors, 11 and said, "Thus far shall you come, and no farther, and here shall your proud waves be stopped'?

  4. #364
    apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    T-ville, Florida
    Posts
    2,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh. My. God. I'm sick for, what, 3 days? And somehow I miss..... 26 bloody pages?! That is completely and utterly mind-blowing. And I just waded through each and every single one of them, too. There goes three and a half numb hours of my life I ain't gonna get back.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Dec. 28 2004 @ 3:52)]then you don't believe in evolution. Evolution is about species turning into other species. You're a creationist.
    Says who? Scientists? Oh yeah, NOW I'm convinced. I don't go by anyone else's standards.. I have my own individual belief on this. It only appears that an evolved animal BECAME another species because WE NAMED IT something different.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Dec. 28 2004 @ 3:53)]Thats not what evolution states...
    Yeah, well, that's what I state. I don't care if anyone else shares my view.. I don't need anyone else to share my view. It's my view and it's based on my thinking, not the thinking of other people, like scientists, because what is science but the opinions of scientists? We don't know everything and our "scientific logic" and "scientific facts" do not explain the universe. We are mere humans with mere human scientific thinking. What we know applies only to what we know of on this planet. Lots of "scientific" people have the ignorant opinion that their logic and rationalism explains everything just because it's "logic". Like we know everything. We only know what we have gathered in our mere 1 million years on this planet, no more.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (fyrespryte @ Dec. 28 2004 @ 4:17)]FTG, in saying that EVERYTHING was"thought up" u then say that the bible itself was "thought up", which in itself is true(im waiting for someone to say something about that being a fact lol) because god did not write the bible himself, nor did his sone for that matter, but instead men(who, and this was even said in this thread, make mistakes...but that can't be proven because it was "thought up") who a long time after gods supposed creation of adam and eve wrote down all of the things that god supposedly did. nobody KNOWS, regardless of whether or not you believe it because those are completely different terms, exactly what happened. For all you know these men could have completely made this all up. i have no doubt that jesus was in fact a realy person, my doubt lies in the things that he and his supposed(wow i love that word) father supposedly did. how can any one believe that these are the things that truly happened when they werent written by those that were most involved in the whole thing(notice i said MOST) and when it is a known fact(although it can't be proven because it is "thought up") that the bible's contents have been changed time and time again to suit those who preach it to others. and (though this is off subject lol) i dont understand how when one of god's "experiments" went wrong he caused a flood to wipe them all away even though he loves everyone people love him so much when, if it were me, I would be a little worried he might be unhappy with how we turned out and wipe us out too.
    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Dec. 28 2004 @ 4:31)]I am a Christian.
    I believe in God,
    and Jesus Christ.

    I also belive 100% with no question whatsoever that evolution is absolute truth.
    no doubts at all.
    Creationism is flat-out wrong.

    how can that be you ask?
    How can I be a card-carrying Christian and not believe in creationism?
    easy..
    the Bible is not a factual scientific textbook.
    much of it was written by humans who didnt know everything.
    much of it is allagory.
    the Noah's ark flood story is also pure fiction..it never happened.
    The earth is billions of years old, not thousands.

    God created life, and evolution is His method for letting life operate..
    God, Christianity and evolution can peacefully coexist..
    many christians are open minded enough to accept this with no theological problems or issues attached.
    actually, it makes the most sense.

    If God created the Earth, why would he lie to us in the Bible and say things that the Earth flat-out disproves?
    which is more likely to be the truth, Gods own creation (the entire planet and the entire fossil record it contains) or one book??
    I choose to believe what God has clearly laid out for us in the Earth..
    no Human could fake the Earth. only God could make the Earth and everything it contains.
    Humans could have written parts of the Bible however..
    its all very clear.
    Exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Dec. 30 2004 @ 7:21)]you obviously cant have policies that makes midweserners feel ICKY inside
    Somebody's a Jon Stewart fan! *high-fives*

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Dec. 30 2004 @ 7:55)]and many other organisms (follicle mites, certain bacteria in your gut, certain lice, [killer bees-created by man-] etc) could only survive BECAUSE of humans. they can only live in humans' bodies... and only in certain parts. (ie... the groin or something louse can only live in the groin and not on your head or anywhere else)
    ...O_O...

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Dec. 31 2004 @ 7:18)]I think this is the first one that we haven't had locked before it got to page 20! LOL
    Don't forget the original Word Association topic that was, like, 9 thousand pages..

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]But Seriously everything that was written was written by a human, so would that make everything uncrdedible because it was written by a human being? That would nulify all biographies as being fiction.
    Somehow you missed the point.

    The fact that the Bible was written by PEOPLE means that it is naturally nowhere near as credible as it would be if it were written by God.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]And 3/4 of them have been shown wrong, or to be hoax.
    But there's still that other 1/4, now isn't there.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]and it would be rude to call me a liar if you've never even met me in person.
    For a second there I thought that last word was "prison"... LMFAO

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Dec. 31 2004 @ 12:39)]big YAY for separation of church and state!
    YAY!

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Dec. 31 2004 @ 2:46)]This is a completely different level from the future-tellers who with varying accuracy use Satan's power to predict the future.
    WTF! Where's proof that all psychics are satanists? Where's your proof that they all have a satanic ceremony to summon the forces of evil to take over their entire being to instill in them the evil of Satan to give them the power to know whether or not Timmy's gonna pass his math test? Everyone is "psychic" to some degree. Most people have prophetic dreams frequently, where they dream a certain thing, and that thing happens, down to every detail, in the future. I know it's happened to me multiple times. I've also experienced a certain song randomely pop into my head and then 3 seconds later it comes on the radio.. countless times! We are ALL psychic to some degree, and there's no reason God didn't give us that. I'm not saying all fortune-tellers are the real thing, but at least a small percentage are. It's a scientific fact that every human being has an amount of "dead" genes in their DNA that are unused for no apparent reason AND that we only use 10% of our brain capacity. What if a person actually was born with the ability to USE those extra genes and that other 90% of their brain? The abilities of that person are mind-blowing. The depth of information about the human subconsious that we DON'T know is endless.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 01 2005 @ 8:35)]This is mind numbing in ten page increments.
    Try 26-page increments.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ](is this the longest thread in TF's history? LOL)
    Not even close. Refer to my first Wesley quote wayyyyy up there in the early hours of this individual post you're now wading through.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ Jan. 01 2005 @ 11:32)]I'm sorry but macroevolution (going from rock to human) has absolutely no proof.
    Well THAT was completely out of nowhere. Dude, nobody in this topic said rocks evolved into humans. Nobody.

    For those of you who are strictly against evolution: The idea that the earth can be around for so long with the exact same life forms staying the exact same way throughout that many years, throughout countless global warmings and ice ages and floods and SO many other environmental changes.. that is so childishly ignorant, I'm not even gonna get started. My question for you: In the 1700s, ALL humans had broader jaws and larger mouths, but now, because of all the soft food we're eating, we now have smaller jaws and WAY smaller mouths.. what do you say to that? That can only be EVOLUTION. Right there in front of you. ON YOU. Also, a couple hundred years ago, humans were alot shorter. Most men barely made it to 5'8''. Now people 6' and over are all over the place.. what do you say to that? That can only be EVOLUTION. Nothing else can explain it. Many people are born with male AND female reproductive organs. I see that as a step forward in evolution. This may be mind-blowing in our current human-polluted world, but someday we may be close to extinction, and those people will reign victorious in saving the human race because of their ability to serve as either sex and reproduce more effectively. It's EVOLUTION. There are many species of frogs and fish that naturally have this ability. In every human's mouth there are four canine teeth. Meat teeth. Why would we have these if we were did not at some point need them to hunt and rip apart flesh?

    I think the first two things I listed (the human jaw and mouth getting smaller over the ceturies and human height increasing) are the most undeniable evidences of modern evolution. There is no way it can be anything BUT evolution. That is all.

    After all this, I must ask you all.. why do we insanely care so much about how we came about or how anything came about so long ago? There's no way we're ever going to know, unless there is indeed a God and a Heaven that our souls will go to when we die where the mysteries of the universe are revealed to us. That's the only possible way to ever know the answers to these kinds of things. Until then, why even bother with all the bloody debating over it when we're not changing anything or learning anything by it? It's pointless. 37 freakin' pages of nothing but one huge rut. Nothing new, page after page. The same debating, back and forth for eternity until this topic is locked. Are we learning anything? No. Just proving points, which isn't wrong, because human instinct doesn't let one stop until they get their point across, so go ahead and do that. But after that there is no use. I don't see why we care so much, bickering foolishly about things that we likely never really know, or at least not for a long time. Think of bugs. Bugs don't think or debate, only REACT. Only care about what's happening RIGHT NOW, not what happened in the past or what's going to happen in the future. They don't give a crap.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

  5. #365

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Jan. 01 2005,9:20)]Says who? Scientists? Oh yeah, NOW I'm convinced. I don't go by anyone else's standards.. I have my own individual belief on this. It only appears that an evolved animal BECAME another species because WE NAMED IT something different.
    You may have your own belief, but it's not evolution. For definitive purposes, use another word. The correct word isn't evolution, its creationism.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  6. #366

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Jan. 01 2005,9:20)]Yeah, well, that's what I state. I don't care if anyone else shares my view.. I don't need anyone else to share my view. It's my view and it's based on my thinking, not the thinking of other people, like scientists, because what is science but the opinions of scientists? We don't know everything and our "scientific logic" and "scientific facts" do not explain the universe. We are mere humans with mere human scientific thinking. What we know applies only to what we know of on this planet. Lots of "scientific" people have the ignorant opinion that their logic and rationalism explains everything just because it's "logic". Like we know everything. We only know what we have gathered in our mere 1 million years on this planet, no more.
    You can state anything you want it doesn't make it right. Get a phd and a few noble prizes and i'll consider beliving otherwise.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  7. #367

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like you're very good at being defensive. Try backing up what you say with some proof... or help us understand why you think how you think.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  8. #368
    apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    T-ville, Florida
    Posts
    2,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know d-well I'm not a Creationist.

    I don't need proof because I don't need or want you to believe me. I believe what I believe and I don't need anyone to back me up on it. I'm not going out on a limb to find proof of something I don't even care whether or not is true just to please the other side. I've never in my life done any one thing just to please somebody and I'm not starting now.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •