User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 49 of 147 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]eeehh...
    Quote[/b] ]a category of biological classification ranking immediately below the genus or subgenus, comprising related organisms or populations potentially capable of interbreeding, and being designated by a binomial that consists of the name of a genus followed by a Latin or latinized uncapitalized noun or adjective agreeing grammatically with the genus name
    Gee, sorry for giving you a watered-down version instead of the most detailed definition in the universe. My apologies for ruining you day.

Quote[/b] ]Who's yelling? I haven't "heard" anyone yell in the whole entire thread.
    Fine... scratch "yelling", insert "DEBATING VICIOUSLY".. I'll edit it right now.. chop chop!

Quote[/b] ]But you made it seem like they were related somehow (which they're not)
    Well, I didn't, so I guess that's just the way you saw it.

I'll go edit that right now, too, and make it oh-so-politically-correct! *skips off merrily*
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for those of you who wanted to know more about what I believe and stuff,
    go here: (edit: OOPPSS... here: http://www.atheistfoundation.org.au/whatis.htm )
    Quote[/b] ]The need for the comfort of supernatural protection can nullify the need for proper evidence. Natural effects may be misread as super-natural.
    Quote[/b] ]This Atheist would also say that we know nothing of the above, but we do know that it, they or whatever does not react to human wants, desires or needs, has never ever exposed itself to humanity in such a manner that could leave any doubt, and is therefore irrelevant to us.
    Quote[/b] ]We must choose rationalism over wishful thinking.
    Not everything in that page applies to me but 90% of it does.
    Just telling you what I think...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I'll go edit that right now, too, and make it oh-so-politically-correct! *skips off merrily*
    LOL!!! isn't sarcasm the best?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does everyone stand in regards to..., colors? I like green.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 01 2005,10:51)]Where does everyone stand in regards to..., colors? I like green.
    Glad to see the rules i posted are proving helpful.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

hemaphrodites actually have their own group, they're not homosexual, theyre, "tri" [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa, this is spinning out of control.

The only reason I care about this issue is because school boards in some backwards locations are actually pushing non-scientific theories as science upon helpless school children who don't know the difference.

Religion is a personal issue, and it's not really the subject of this debate. The origin of species as a factual matter, and the teaching of real science is the issue. Religion has no place in science, and science doesn't trump religion. That's why they've been kept separate all these years, and why they should stay that way. We are undermining the credibility of future generations of Americans by teaching them junk science that is really religion in a thin disguise. Real Universities, research institutes, pharmeceutical companies, and anyone else that hires scientists are going to scoff at students who've been taught creationism in place of science.

Personal beliefs and "greater truths" are the proper domain of religion. Science is about hard, cold facts. They are not substitutes for one another.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many different kinds of hermaphrodite, and they're usually infertile as one sex, if not both. Both sex organs are rarely fully formed, if ever.

Besides, most of human evolution is basically over with in the conventional sense. That's what happens once you start modifying your environment rather than adapting to it. Things will develop medically, technologically, culturally... but in human society few if any traits are more useful than others in allowing someone to survive long enough to create offspring. If anything we're devolving because now negative traits are rarely weeded out (no, I'm not advocating eugenics here... just speaking objectively).

I believe the only conventional evolution we're currently undergoing is that our bodies are putting less and less energy into unnecessary features (like the jaw thing she mentioned, if it's true).