User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 51 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're not going to contribute to this thread (Ie. give us reasons to not believe evolution or reasons to believe creationism, etc) and only come to say things like that, please just don't say anything because you're not acomplishing anything.
    I believe you're the one who said opinions don't matter? well then if they don't matter stop posting them and making me and others angry.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proof of what, Alpha? I haven't said anything that requires proof. You (last I checked) were trying to argue in favor of evolution, and I say prove it. Still no proof. Vestigal limbs? How would you know? How would I know? I wasn't there so have no way of knowing. Bones in the rocks mean fossils. An apparent "limb" may not have been that at all, but something all together different that we have no real knowledge of, and a mind blower if we found out it was for something all together different. Yes, Alpha, it is all speculation, but interesting nonetheless. I am not convinced, but I do like your passion for the subject, and your reasoning. keep it up. i will read it until convinced. And Alpha, it isn't personal at all, so please don't take it that way. I am liking this thread. Thought provoking whether you convince me or not.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 02 2005,12:43)]Still no proof. I am waiting.
    We've given you more "proof" for the evolution theory than can ever be given to back up that there is a god and that he created the universe.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 02 2005,12:43)]God knows, we don't. We speculate and search, but it is still just ideas and speculation.
    In order to belive that "god knows, we don't" we must first establish that there is a god, since we are trying to be logical here, and not belive things just because they were writen 2000 years ago by a bunch of people who claim god made them do it.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 02 2005,1:08)]Proof of what, Alpha? I haven't said anything that requires proof. You (last I checked) were trying to argue in favor of evolution, and I say prove it. Still no proof. Vestigal limbs? How would you know? How would I know? I wasn't there so have no way of knowing. Bones in the rocks mean fossils. An apparent "limb" may not have been that at all, but something all together different that we have no real knowledge of, and a mind blower if we found out it was for something all together different. Yes, Alpha, it is all speculation, but interesting nonetheless. I am not convinced, but I do like your passion for the subject, and your reasoning. keep it up. i will read it until convinced. And Alpha, it isn't personal at all, so please don't take it that way. I am liking this thread. Thought provoking whether you convince me or not.
    Then YOU give US proof that god created the universe.
    We are giving you proof, all you do is call it rubbish, and you havnt given us ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE that god created the universe.
    And its not speculation, sounds to me like your precious bible is speculation.
    It could hvae been written by maniacs for all you know.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 02 2005,12:43)]The Bible was written by man, and therefore unacceptable to the scientist? Well, who wrote their work? God? I don't think so. Therefore, their work should be unacceptable to me?
    No there is a huge difference. The bible was written by man but it implies that some "outter being" with no beginning or end created everything, that you can't see or touch, but you just have to have "FAITH" that he's there. Evolution theory was written by man but everything written you can go out and prove yourself if you feel like it. The proof is here, on earth. No one is telling us to have "faith" about everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]. Vestigal limbs? How would you know? How would I know? I wasn't there so have no way of knowing
    what do you mean how would I know? wiggle your ears (you can learn... I did), when you get goose bumps, wisdom teeth, etc. You can see it. You ARE here.
    You can go buy a chicken wing and see a claw on it, you ARE there, you DO know they exist, you DO have a way of knowledge, and logical thinking tells you that there is no use for them right now (in fact, some vestigial structures like wisdom teeth are BAD... just like the female spotted hyenas pseudomale reproductive organ ... can I say that here? lol)
    Quote[/b] ]Bones in the rocks mean fossils. An apparent "limb" may not have been that at all, but something all together different that we have no real knowledge of, and a mind blower if we found out it was for something all together different
    oh c'mon. Do you REALLY think that fossils could possibly happen like that? first of all we have zero evidence of ANYTHING that could produce anything like fossils (besides organisms)
    Secondly, what a coincidence they have analogous parts to today's organisms. What a coincidence they have tibias and femurs and skulls EXACTLY how they should. You don't find a skull ATTACHED to wings or femurs or other body parts that you wodn't think of they being attached.
    Thirdly it's not just one fossil of a single species, it's MANY fossils of a single species.

there is NO WAY that fossils can be natural geologic processes that aren't what fossils are thought to be.
    Next you'll be saying that they were planted there by the devil. (even that explanation is way more feasible.)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 02 2005,1:08)]Still no proof. Vestigal limbs? How would you know? How would I know?
    Maybe you could figure that one out on your own. Let me start you off. If "god" created us then why would he give us things that we don't need and don't use? You saying "we might need them" or "how do you know we don't need them" or (this ones great) "how would you KNOW we don't need them" aren't options, and won't answer the question.