User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 52 of 147 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 409 to 416 of 1176

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

  1. #409

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even certain things like childbirth being so painful and the fact that we have lower back pain testifies that we are not in god's image. If we are, then god does not have a perfect image.
    http://www.freewebs.com/oolon/SMOGGM.htm take a look at that
    and especially this one http://www.freewebs.com/oolon/SMOGGM.htm
    from whales and snakes having pelvises to dandelions having completely useless flowers and pollen to beetles that have perfectly formed hindwings but the upperwings can't open to wisdom teeth to ostriches having wings and hollow bones to the malaria parasite having chloroplasts to cave salamanders and fish having eyes but not being able to use them,
    yes... it's all "speculation"
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  2. #410
    Capslock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Capslock,

    Other schools are teaching things another theory. What's the diff?

    Peter
    Peter,
    The difference is that scientific theories are developed over the years based on mountains of evidence, testable and falsifiable hypotheses, and are constantly scrutinized and honed for accuracy. In this sense, the ID and creationist proposals are not even "theories" in the same way as scientific theories are. We are doing a grave disservice to our young people by teaching that non-scientific theories are equally valid as scientific ones, and by blurring the distinction between the two.

    Furthermore, explicitly theistic theories like creationism run afoul of the Constitution in that they constitute a deliberate endorsement of Christianity by the government. Rest assured, when the government gets involved in pushing a religion, it won't be pretty. And in all likelihood, it won't be YOUR version of Christianity either. Leave that to parents and churches!

    Bugweed: I understand your point about taking scientists as "gospel truth." We shouldn't. But evolution is not mere speculation and ideas. It's observable genetic mutation, it's mountains of fossils dated and noted for location. It's based on real, observeable genetic phenomena that occurs constantly in labs and in nature. It's not speculation at all. And each evolutionary discovery is falsifiable by new discoveries and data. This is fundamentally different from theistic stories of creation.

    Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

    My photos are copyright-free and public domain

  3. #411

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Religion isn't something that should run the world or even be considered as something to run your life by. Common sense would tell people not to belive there is something out there rulling us and who created us but we can't see or actually prove he's there. Common sense is becoming a little less common.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  4. #412

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck... even genetic diseases!
    Why would god put diseases in our genes? he sure is one fair god isn't he? Is it to punish people? or did the devil put them there?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Common sense is becoming a little less common.
    HEY! first I steal it from a radio show, then you steal it from me :P
    it goes "is it just me or is common sense becoming all too uncommon?"
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Think of a good "creationary" explanation for those sudden jerks, preferably better than "God made us that way and He moves in mysterious ways."
    lol...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  5. #413

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Martinez, California
    Posts
    3,556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laughable. I do not need to prove what I believe because I am not trying to convince you of anything. I believe what I believe, and will not cram it down your throats. I never said I believe creationism. I never said I believe evolution. But your proof is no different than any other writings I have read, and no clear cut, concrete proof is out there. You can say what you want, and I will listen. But I do not have to accept that which is just a theory. You said fact, but still called it a theory. And that is what it is---theory. Why you are pis-ed off, I do not know. Just because I do not agree?? That doesn't say a lot about your argument. Personally, I do not care if you believe in God or not. That is your thing, needing proof He exists, not mine. Starman is just hateful in general, and I don't mind that either. His problem, not mine. But, to get personal is unnecessary. I do not think you are very convincing, but I like the spark it has given the forums, and some of the ideas you have shared. Too bad this means so much to you guys that you have to get mean about it. I want proof and truth, and both are hard enough to come up with, no matter what the subject.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

  6. #414

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol.. i just made that up.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  7. #415

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 02 2005,1:38)]But your proof is no different than any other writings I have read, and no clear cut, concrete proof is out there. You can say what you want, and I will listen. But I do not have to accept that which is just a theory.
    Yeah because you haven't found something that agrees with you yet, that doesn't mean its not concrete. If anything isn't concrete its the bible.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  8. #416

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 02 2005,1:38)]Why you are pis-ed off, I do not know. Just because I do not agree?? That doesn't say a lot about your argument.
    Who's pissed?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •