User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 55 of 147 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said Jimscott. I think it is pretty safe to say that we have deserted Him, so He has no reason to help us, cause we don't want Him too. But yet, He WANTS so BADLY to help us but we won't let Him. But anyway, I'm not gonna get into the evo vs creat again just cause I'm not learned enough in BOTH subjects to be able to agrue my point well enough.
    Guys, be careful with what you say... I've seen some pretty hateful things getting said. So I'm gonna use an old quote, "If you can say something nice, don't say anything at all" No before anyone thinks I was pointing fingers, it goes for EVERYONE involved. So if you get offended, don't vent here this topic is for the debate of evo vs creat.

Keeping it clean,
    ~Wes~

PS I don't think you guys liked the idea of taking a break![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Edit:PSS Lets go for 500 posts, 10,000 views, and NOT getting this topic locked(as in STAY CALM) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] LOL
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well said, all.
    Bugweed, you want proof. Can you give an example of what you would consider definitive proof on this subject. Not even an example, what are you looking for in the proof that you have not seen? Some can mearly be given an example pulled out of someone else's rear and be convinced. not you. Actually, that is inpressive from my point of veiw because some people these days will beleive anything that has a scrap of evidence (im not talking about the bible, imm thinking of certain conspericy theorys or scientific hoaxes, like the cold fusion debocle)

Ok, i'll ask you flatly, what woud we have to show you (besides seeing it with your own eyes) to convince you of it, and what kind of proof could convince you?

i asked someone this question after years of tryig to convince them of global warming. They said they did not know. i asked if they would know it when they saw it, and did they have any idea of what it would be? they said no. Thats when i know it was impossible to convince them, because even they didnt know what would change their mind.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a hard time with those kinds of people. If they are gonna debate something, they have to know what will convince them, otherwise there is no point debating with them, cause there is thus no way to win the debate.
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Finch, there is just not yet enough evidence to convince me, but I do not do a thumbs down on evolution, I just wonder. Either way, whether God did it, or evolution did it, I don't care. I just want all the facts to come out, and like the Alpha Wolf insinuates, because the Bible says so just isn't good enough. Not even for an olde Christian like myself. It is the Honor of Kings to search out a matter (bible), and since we are the kings of our world (for what its worth), search your hearts out, and keep an open mind. I think that is the only part of this I have a hard time with. I am open to both sides, as I know both sides, but the evolution guys are creamin' the crap out of the "Creationists", and the creationists have not stepped up to the plate with any reasonable explanation. At the same time, both sides won't give an inch in the name of right or wrong, and do not have open minds, IMO. You have to know both sides to formulate a reasonable hypothesis, and reject those things that do not fit. I guess for me, Finch, it just doesn't quite fit yet.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will convince you?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugweed, the reason(or at least for me) is that they either don't have a rescource for the creationist "stuff" or they don't fully understand creationism or evolution. That's why I'm in this discussion, I'm learing(well trying) to learn about evolution. I then will need to spend time learning about the view of creation. I am afterall only a 9th grader, and unlike a lot of you guys haven't taken all the courses that deal with this stuff.
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AE, What will convince me is to wade (and I do mean wade) through all this fantastic information on evolution, get everything I can on Creationism, and get my butt to work until my OWN mind convinces me of the arguments made by yourself, and Alpha, are true. Or if, in my mind, I still have a few points to iron out, and am still not quite there, I will remain unconvinced, but researching. Thank you, Alpha, and AE for soo much information, and all the arguments that will give me months or years of researching pleasure. YAY!!!! Intelligence! And Wesley, just because you are in the 9th grade doesn't mean you can't research it yourself. With all given freely by Alpha and AE to this LONG thread informationwise, I can see a College Masters Degree in your future! LOL!!! I am of the mind that it is not a good thing to totally discount Creationism, and see where one may compliment the other, scientifically, and maybe it is a combination of the two. WOW! So much to delve into. I am as happy as a pig in slop!! No, AE or Alpha, I am not totally convinced, but you definitely have my attention. Thanks!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]or they don't fully understand creationism or evolution
    could anyone just explain creationism then? I think evolution was explained wasn't it?
    What I'm talking about when I say creationism is The belief that God Put humans here already as Homo sapiens and all other organisms as the species they are right now... and that none of the modern organisms are decendant from common ancestors.
    I know there are other types of creationism but I'm talking about that type of creationism that DOESN'T believe in evolution.
    as for explaining evolution, Zak (right?) posted an excellent link.
    http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosit...intheory.shtml
    What would take to convince me that creationism is right? proof against evolution and for creationism.
    If not, You would first have to prove to me there is a god, then prove to me which god that god is, and that the stuff that supports creationism are not metaphors.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything