What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • #1,161
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 23 2005,3:58)
We aren't affected by them thanks to our nifty houses.

that's probably the stupidest thing I have heard in this thread.

Stupid as you think it is it might be true. We are in a house that we controll our own environment according to our current situation. We make out environment accomodate us.

Tone down on the defensiveness. If you are confident about proving your point you shouldn't be so defensive.
how ironic the stupidest thing came from an evolutionist...

• #1,162
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Tone down on the defensiveness. If you are confident about proving your point you shouldn't be so defensive.
look who's talking.

• #1,163
This thread no longer makes much sense. So far as I can tell A_E and A_W just want to slam eachother.

• #1,164
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 23 2005,4:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 23 2005,3:58)
We aren't affected by them thanks to our nifty houses.

that's probably the stupidest thing I have heard in this thread.

Stupid as you think it is it might be true. We are in a house that we controll our own environment according to our current situation. We make out environment accomodate us.

Tone down on the defensiveness. If you are confident about proving your point you shouldn't be so defensive.
how ironic the stupidest thing came from an evolutionist...
Having fun with the personal stabs? I know i am. It's great seeing someone who's run out of things to say resort to personal comments.

Just never thought it'd come from you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Tone down on the defensiveness. If you are confident about proving your point you shouldn't be so defensive.
look who's talking.
I'm just responding to you.

• #1,165
OK let's try and gain some order again... luis are you done?

• #1,166
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 23 2005,9:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 23 2005,3:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We are talking about how humans have stopped evolving because they are not affected by natural selection anymore. You are saying that diseases are part of natural selection, but because nature doesn't affect us anymore it doesn't matter if we have genetic disorders or not.
we ARE ffected by natural selection, and we ARE affected by nature because genetic disorders are nature.
Genetic disorders don't come from the environment. We aren't in a natural environment anymore.
many people agree with you A_E, the difference is they argue we have replaced natural selection with a form of artifical selection that is based on culture and the inventions of humans. which is still a form of selection which will still drive evoultion

• #1,167
yeah... with the thread too.
Enough is enough.

• #1,168
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Jan. 23 2005,4:08)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We are talking about how humans have stopped evolving because they are not affected by natural selection anymore. You are saying that diseases are part of natural selection, but because nature doesn't affect us anymore it doesn't matter if we have genetic disorders or not.
we ARE ffected by natural selection, and we ARE affected by nature because genetic disorders are nature.
Genetic disorders don't come from the environment. We aren't in a natural environment anymore.
many people agree with you A_E, the difference is they argue we have replaced natural selection with a form of artifical selection that is based on culture and the inventions of humans. which is still a form of selection which will still drive evoultion
That may be true, but what you are saying would be another theory in itself. We are talking about in terms of evolution keeping in mind the standars that have been placed to define evolution. What you are saying is something that doesn't fit those standard, and this is an evolution thread.

I speak in all terms of evolution.

• #1,169
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 23 2005,9:16)]see... I figured out what I wanted to say yesterday.
Ktulu.... You're trying to re-difine evolution in order to find flaws in it.
It doesn't matter in what environment (lab) you evolve. It doesn't matter if you're in the sun, the oort cloud, or anywhere in between. You're still evolving. It doesn't matter if you came from pluto and adapted to france (and if the new species can't survive in pluto anymore), it's still speciation because they're different species.
and it doesn't matter if it takes 80 trillion years for a species to get a mm bigger or if it takes them overnight to grow wings and fly to the moon (LOL...), it's still evolution.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and the type of monogomy is important because it has differnt impacts on the population
how do you know it has different impacts on the population?
ok, im not redifineing evolution, my biggest question you still did not answer, and i dont think you can unless you are Dobzhansky or Pavlovsky. how do you know that it can/cant interebreed with the population the first female came from, did you discover this yourself, have you tested it rigoruosly. Its not that im saying it cant happen i am saying there is not enough evidence to prove it has happened. Maybe i am just too much of a skeptic when it comes to speciation but i am a firm believer in the fact that often times humans do not give enough consideration to just how much variablity there is in species.

• #1,170
I could answer that but like I said I'm done with the thread so don't talk to me here.

• #1,171
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 23 2005,10:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Jan. 23 2005,4:08)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
That may be true, but what you are saying would be another theory in itself. We are talking about in terms of evolution keeping in mind the standars that have been placed to define evolution. What you are saying is something that doesn't fit those standard, and this is an evolution thread.

I speak in all terms of evolution.
how is adapting to a human altered envrioment not evolution? how can you say that just because we can alter our enviroment, not change it, only alter, because if we could we would all live in a tropical paradise with no disease no natural disasters. just because we have altered our enviroment does not mean its not evolution

• #1,172
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 23 2005,4:18)]I could answer that but like I said I'm done with the thread so don't talk to me here.
Why are you acting like this? It's not like you to get defensive like that.

• #1,174
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]C'mon luis you know you wanna...
ok fine, since you want it...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why are you acting like this? It's not like you to get defensive like that.
and it's not like you to be so stupid

• #1,175
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 23 2005,4:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]C'mon luis you know you wanna...
ok fine, since you want it...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why are you acting like this? It's not like you to get defensive like that.
and it's not like you to be so stupid
come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back