User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 62 of 147 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I need people to ask something about evolution to get back on track :P... or do you want me to do homologous and analogous structures? (he he he...)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa there,

We totally deserve eternal punishment. A judge who condemns the guilty would be far from perfect. He is a rightious and just god, not a politically correct God. The only reason we still have a chance at salvation is because Jesus, who was 100% man and yet 100% God, died to redeem us. He was perfect in every way, and for that reason he was an acceptable payment for our sins.

God does not punish people just because of what Adam did. Adam sinned, and we inherited the sinful nature. None of us are perfect. However, if we confess and repent our sins, we are justified through the ultimate sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

I dunno if this makes sense to y'all but I'd be happy to explain if it doesn't.

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] The only reason we still have a chance at salvation is because Jesus, who was 100% man and yet 100% God, died to redeem us.
    so the people that came before jesus all went to hell just because they were born? that is one fair god! talk about all men being born equal. (even nowdays some people have never even heard of the teachings of chrisitanity so are they going to hell too? how can you choose if you don't know you can?)
    Quote[/b] ]God does not punish people just because of what Adam did. Adam sinned, and we inherited the sinful nature.
    do you see paradise around here? I don't know about you but I certainly don't live in paradise.
    Quote[/b] ]We totally deserve eternal punishment. A judge who condemns the guilty would be far from perfect. He is a rightious and just god, not a politically correct God.
    so because I'm inquisitive I will be ETERNALLY punished? What about those tribes in rainforests that have never heard of christianity?
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, Alpha, there is a scripture that covers that. But, since you do not believe anyway, and this is still about evolution, not an argument about God, get back to vestigal rambling. It was more fun then. Remember, Focus, Alphahopper! Don't get lost in the stuff that does not have to do with evolution. It detracts.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before Jesus, you had to be Jewish and follow a ton of rules, and whenever you sinned you had to offer animal sacrifices.

This is not paradise because when Adam sinned, sin entered the world.

And nobody will be held accountable for what they do not know.

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alpha wolf,
    No one is perfect enough or good enough to deserve God's free gift of etenal life, but he gives it to those choese to follow him.. freely. The slate is wiped clean.
    Once you looked at those study notes, you can see that its OK to 'believe in' evolution, but it can offer you nothing in comparison to what Jesus Christ has for you.
    Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol... bugweed is right. Let's stop tourturing poor latecomers with this. If you want to talk about religion I'll be glad to tell you why I don't have one but you have to PM/e-mail/AIM/MSN me.
    now... we can tourture them about evolution! LOL
    as I said, structures are my favorite. I already covered vestigial structures (and I didn't even cover the ones that aren't completely useless! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] ) so homologous and analogous structures are up next.
    homologous structures are structures that ... (searches for better explanation)... are characteristics which are shared by related species because they have been inherited in some way from a common ancestor.
    analogous structures are those structures with similar/same functions but with different... eh... structures? (examples are better)
    now that you all know what they are... here come the examples.
    Homologous structures-
    bat wings and our arms have the exact same bones. Some may be longer/shorter/thicker/etc but they're all there. They could be made like insect wings or have feathers or something, but because bats didn't evolve from insects/birds they don't look like that.
    same with whale fins. They have all the bones and everything that our hands have. They could be made like fish fins but no, whales are and evolved from mammals.
    Dog feet also have 5 fingers (dew claw) and everything we have. same as cat feet, horse feet (well, they have the same bones), elephant feet, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umm... I'm not sure if this qualifies as homologous structures but I'll throw it in anyway
    Most mammals.. and I THINK birds too... (except for manatees which I believe have 8?) have exactly 7 neck vertebrae. From little tiny bee bats to giraffes (sp? that looks horrible!) ALL have 7 neck nertebrae.
    also every single mammal that we know of has hairs. No other group of anything has hairs like mammals (how they grow from the skin, made of keratin, etc). From humans to whales to guineapigs to bats, to whatever.
    No mammal has feathers either, and unless you count pangolin's scales (which are not like reptile scales which are their skin... pangolins have scales growing ON the skin) no mammal has scales either.
    also no mammal has multiple rows of teeth (one behind the other) like some reptiles and fish have,...
    and I'm getting off track... so I'll skip to analogous structures. analogous structures evolved from different "kinds" of organism to suit the same environment (homologous structures evolved from the same "kinds" of organism to suit different environments).
    For example fins. Fish fins (sharks, etc) and whale fins look alike but they are made differently. You will not find hand bones inside fishes.
    bat wings, bird wings, and insect wings are all for flying but they're all different.
    feathers and hair (which evolved from scales... all made of keratin, etc) I guess would sort of maybe be analogous structures because they serve the same functions (keep warm, keep water out, etc) but are different.
    ... ok, enough!