User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 63 of 147 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going back to whale pelvic bones...did anyone offer an explanation of why the exist other than whales evolved from a terrestrial ancestor? Here is my evolution question: Is everyone ok with the peppered moths and industrial melanism as an example of natural selection? If so, couldn't this eventually lead to the "dying out" of one specific set of melanism genes, and couldn't this eventually (through environmental isolation) lead to a new species? I know the conditions have changed and the 2 colored populations have basically reached equilibrium - I'm just asking couldn't that happen.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to address a couple things you (Luis) raised, before you go back to homology & analogy, before Jesus arrived on the scene, people did NOT automatically go to hell. The New Testament points out several notable individuls whose faith in God was commended and accepted by God. The requirements of faith and expressions of faith by loving God and people were exactly the same.

What Bible do you have at home? Is it in King James? Middle English? Please get a modern translation! Don't make it harder on yourself!

Peter: Welcome aboard! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The requirements of faith and expressions of faith by loving God and people were exactly the same.
    so... if it was exactly the same then how did Jesus redeem us?
    Quote[/b] ]Once you looked at those study notes, you can see that its OK to 'believe in' evolution, but it can offer you nothing in comparison to what Jesus Christ has for you.
    I'm on page 8 :P
    Quote[/b] ]Before Jesus, you had to be Jewish and follow a ton of rules, and whenever you sinned you had to offer animal sacrifices.
    Jesus was jewish [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] I've never heard of jews offering animal sacrifices.
    Quote[/b] ]What Bible do you have at home?
    none... but when I've been shown the bible (I had a discussion in school, etc) and when people quote the bible I don't understand it :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe animals evolved to be so fast because all the slow ones became animal sacrifices. And the whales escaped to sea.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At last! Perfect Sense!!!!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]umm... I'm not sure if this qualifies as homologous structures but I'll throw it in anyway
    Most mammals.. and I THINK birds too... (except for manatees which I believe have 8?) have exactly 7 neck vertebrae. From little tiny bee bats to giraffes (sp? that looks horrible!) ALL have 7 neck nertebrae.
    also every single mammal that we know of has hairs. No other group of anything has hairs like mammals (how they grow from the skin, made of keratin, etc). From humans to whales to guineapigs to bats, to whatever.
    No mammal has feathers either, and unless you count pangolin's scales (which are not like reptile scales which are their skin... pangolins have scales growing ON the skin) no mammal has scales either.
    also no mammal has multiple rows of teeth (one behind the other) like some reptiles and fish have,...
    and I'm getting off track... so I'll skip to analogous structures. analogous structures evolved from different "kinds" of organism to suit the same environment (homologous structures evolved from the same "kinds" of organism to suit different environments).
    For example fins. Fish fins (sharks, etc) and whale fins look alike but they are made differently. You will not find hand bones inside fishes.
    bat wings, bird wings, and insect wings are all for flying but they're all different.
    feathers and hair (which evolved from scales... all made of keratin, etc) I guess would sort of maybe be analogous structures because they serve the same functions (keep warm, keep water out, etc) but are different.
    ... ok, enough!
    Until you show me WHY that proves evolution, that makes me lean toward creationism. Didn't mammal evolve from fish or something... I've heard that humans have evolved from numerous things(I don't remember what they were but it still makes me lean more toward creationism). I mean if mammals evolved from another creature(ae reptiles, aren't they the ones that are like millions or is it billions of years old?), wouldn't one or something still have even one scale(dry... fish have scales but they lean toward being "slimy") or something that ONLY reptiles have? Please explain?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] I'm getting lost but hey it's helped me "trust" creationism more.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that modern day creationists might understand the bible how it is presented but few understand or even know of its biased past.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Most mammals.. and I THINK birds too... (except for manatees which I believe have 8?) have exactly 7 neck vertebrae. From little tiny bee bats to giraffes (sp? that looks horrible!) ALL have 7 neck nertebrae.
    also every single mammal that we know of has hairs
    \

the broadbill family of birds from the aso-pacific islands have 2 extra neck vertebrates
    that makes no logic