User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 66 of 147 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    behavior can evolve too, not just the organisms themselves

think of chikens. if chikens (okok, wildfowl) didnt hide their nests in the wild, things would come along and eat tasty chiken eggs. if a few chikens began to think it might be nice to find some secluded place to nest, they would also as a side effect, have their nests hidden and be more difficult for predators to spot. the ones who didnt hide their eggs wouldnt breed because all their eggs would be eaten. over generations, it became instinct to hide the eggs because ones who had that instinct were more likely to pass their genes on.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, those of you who don't believe in evolution, ask something :P
    or does everyone now believe in evolution? LOL
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've asked several evolution questions in the last 53 pages but they never get answered because the discussion always changes to Jesus and the bible. I'm giving up here and going to find my own answers - and I might just go count my own neck vertebrae while I'm at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't believe in evolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Going back to whale pelvic bones...did anyone offer an explanation of why the exist other than whales evolved from a terrestrial ancestor? Here is my evolution question: Is everyone ok with the peppered moths and industrial melanism as an example of natural selection? If so, couldn't this eventually lead to the "dying out" of one specific set of melanism genes, and couldn't this eventually (through environmental isolation) lead to a new species? I know the conditions have changed and the 2 colored populations have basically reached equilibrium - I'm just asking couldn't that happen.
    you mean that? I thought that was for creationists.
    no, nobody offered any explanation for whale pelvises.
    as for the peppered moths, yeah. That's why they're used as examples.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (buster1 @ Jan. 03 2005,10:06)]I've asked several evolution questions in the last 53 pages but they never get answered because the discussion always changes to Jesus and the bible. I'm giving up here and going to find my own answers - and I might just go count my own neck vertebrae while I'm at it.
    What's your question?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alpha, I have to agree with those who are tired of hearing about the bible when evolution is the topic. AE, keep away from the scriptures and stick with the facts. If you do not believe in the bible, God, whatever, then quit bringing it up, and stay with your subject. Like Alpha said earlier, he will discuss it with anyone through PM's, AIM, etc, so lets hear the rest of the evolution story, and stop the excess stuff coming in from all over the place,disrupting trains of thought on this subject.

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't quoted scriptures. If we would be sticking directly to facts the creationists wouldn't even have an argument now would they. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't know what they would have, AE. Any more than anyone else, including you. I am not talking about quoting scripture, I am talking about bringing up that in which you do not believe anyway. So forget the Christians, and the bible, and hit me with evolution please. Thank you.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC