User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 67 of 147 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 03 2005,10:25)]I am not talking about quoting scripture, I am talking about bringing up that in which you do not believe anyway.
    Yes, after you edited your post. Who said i don't belive in it? A part of being able to argue with someone is understanding where they are coming from. I know ALOT about religion, i'm bringing it up for comparative reasons. Creationism IS based on religion.. after all.. it owns half the thread.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, AE. Point taken. I will watch, and say no more.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 03 2005,10:34)]OK, AE. Point taken. I will watch, and say no more.
    I hope i don't sound defensive... i do so without notice sometimes. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you are OK, AE. No offence was taken. I am planning on just sitting here and go bald.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at this site bug...
    http://library.amnh.org/
    Thats the AMNH database. You can find just about everything about evolution there. Info on fossils and all other sorts of things are at the ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my way to it.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let me just say one thing, creationism and evolution are not incompatable, i dont mean to sound mean but many of you evolutionists dont seem to understand this. i mean i believe in evolution as a source of the current speices we have, and the diveristy that is currently there, however i still have not heard a good explaination of the origin of life. If you say evolution does not deal with the origin of life then how can you debate it against creationism, which is a belief about the origin of life.

i do know about the experiment where they "created" a few simply strands of RNA? i believe but to me that just supports creationism since the only way for it to happen is in the lab with the application of human Intelligence. This in my opinion would point to a greater power, you may call it god or what ever you want.

How do you know that evolution is not just a tool of this greater power, or maybe this greater power is just observing earth as a closed ecosystem that it created and allowing things to progress as they will.

Oh and one last comment that is not meant to be hurtfull to anyone or target at anyone, but the majority of evolutionists i have talked to/read, have been totally unwilling to believe that their maybe some other explaination for the origin of speiceis which in my opinion makes them horrible scientist since the best thing any scientist can have is an open mind to the fact that they maybe wrong.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The terms "creationism" and "evolution" are very broad and mean different things to different people. The extreme positions taken may be incompatible, but you will find many "born again" Christians who have absolutely no problem accepting God's use of evolution into His creating. God can do His creating in any fashion He chooses. We do not need to understand how. We DO need to understand THAT He created. Below is a quote frome Scripture.

Isaiah 55:6-13 6 Seek the Lord while he may be found, call upon him while he is near; 7 let the wicked forsake their way, and the unrighteous their thoughts; let them return to the Lord, that he may have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there until they have watered the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, 11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

Two questions have been left unanswered. One refers to the notion that Jesus isn't God. I don't have time to enumerate right now, but Jesus very much claimed to be God and the Jews of his day understood that claim. Anybody who wants the scripture verses to back up what I said is free to PM me a bout it. Challenege me!

The other is about how Jesus redeemed us. I will PM the person who asked about that.