User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 69 of 147 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 545 to 552 of 1176

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

  1. #545
    Capslock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wes,
    I think you misunderstood a bit. I said there's no evidence that warrants it being taught on a par with evolution. I didn't talk about any proof anywhere, though genetic mutation and inheritence can easily be demonstrated, whereas no part of creationism can be demonstrated.

    For the record, I'm all for religious freedom, and say "Merry Christmas" myself. Apart from being led from public (government) institutions, people should be able to say, sing, read, believe, wear, and worship however and whatever they want.

    Capslock
    (incidentally, it's a whole 'nother topic, but forcing school kids to recite an oath to God every morning is wrecklessly irresponsible. The "Pledge" itself is iffy, but to add a religious component, which they did in the fifties in the anti-communist era, was just wrong. But that's a different topic for another thread.)
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

    My photos are copyright-free and public domain

  2. #546
    God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ](incidentally, it's a whole 'nother topic, but forcing school kids to recite an oath to God every morning is wrecklessly irresponsible. The "Pledge" itself is iffy, but to add a religious component, which they did in the fifties in the anti-communist era, was just wrong. But that's a different topic for another thread.)
    I had feeling I'd get that... but hey now I know why. But I have to wonder, is the mint gonna get sued cause they print money that says "In God we trust"? Just a thought.

    Anyway back on track... this is a HUGE link for creation(I haven't read it all but I'm gonna try) Have fun Bugweed and AW. It looks really good so far though. Creationism
    ~Wes~

    My plants are going green to save the environment

    My Growlist

  3. #547

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I cannot agree, Bugweed. There is simply no scientific basis for creationism that would warrant it being taught side by side with evolution
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Study both trains of thought, and move on from there. Reject one if you must, but at least give it a thorough going over to see what might be there to suprise you. Closed minds kill science. Open minds build science
    I've looked at anti-evolution sites (from the stupidest website in the whole entire world- http://www.anzwers.org/free/livedragons/evolutio.htm to one that had me doubting evolution until I researched more- http://www.users.bigpond.com/rdoolan/creationtips.html ) and I've debated with anti-evolutionists quite a few times (some which were more active than here)
    and I've reached the conclusion that SOME believe purely on faith, others believe because of top-down thinking, others make up wild stories to make their arguments be possible (but definately not plausible... at all), and yet others don't even know what evolution is (cough cough... saying it's "just" a theory etc) So I've completely rejected the branch of creationism that doesn't believe in evolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You know for a fact that there is NO basis for creationsism, be it Christian, Hindu, Islam etc? So you have resarched them and compared them side by side, otherewise there is know way to prove that there is no basis to creationism.
    I don't have a religion so why should I waste my time doing that?
    have you learned all about other religions? then why are you christian?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]and yet these "artists" are all singing about sex, drugs, cussing, etc.
    sigh... I'm not even going to say anything or this will end up where I don't want this to end up.

    wesley...(from your site)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Simply put, they lived concurrent with man down through the thousands of years of our existence, and they appear to have gone mostly extinct prior to our modern era
    do you believe that? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The total time of the Great Flood was about 1 year in length from when Noah's family entered till they left the Ark. That's what it has always clearly stated. Period.
    heh... about the ark... that is one story that the only way to believe it is if you say that god REALLY intervened with the laws of nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]may not have been very
    no supporting arguments. Just thinking up ways that somehow it could have been possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Creationists stand on the side of testable-repeatable science. Ahem, again, creationists are the ones standing on the side of science.
    (silence)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  4. #548

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whoa. I can find plenty of stuff wrong with that site.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]There are actually several creation-related theories out there, most of which compromise between strict "evolutionism" (no God, period)
    ... right.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Certainly this is possible, and we have many examples in the world (cars have "evolved" tremendously during the 20th Century, with the guiding hand of engineers and designers).
    a common mistake. they're confusing english and scientific language.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Sure, this is scientific. Within the DNA coding God has placed varying factors; thank the Maker for his forethought in allowing for automatic adaptability! But the third type (related to the first, but with no God "guiding" the outcome), as best as I understand, is unbiblical and also unscientific. There are no fossils which prove any transitional life forms have ever come about through "natural selection" or otherwise. The third type of evolution is what is believed and preached to our children in the public schools today, but to the best of my understanding there is no scientific evidence to support its tenets.
    "preached" oh PLEASE!
    that just shows s/he doesn't know a thing about evolution or fossils. I'm done reading. If s/he doesn't think evolution is scientific then I'm scared to think what s/he thinks is science.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Is it necessarily scientific (but not religious) to exclude God in geologic strata interpretation?
    (lol... ok fine I did read more :P) yes it is because there is absolutely zero (scientific) proof god exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The Flood theory can readily handle strata which, by exception, stacks in "evolutionary" order
    huh?


    I see lots of statements with nothing to back them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]EVIDENCE OF A BRILLIANT DESIGNER
    well, where the heck is the evidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]To the best of my knowledge there are no transitional forms in the fossil record
    OK! that's it! I'm done. "to the best of my knowledge" ... you don't have very good knowledge then.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  5. #549
    endparenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hindu creation story in a nutshell...

    "In the Bhagavatam, the most famous of the Puranas, the universe is conceived as "mahayuga," a series of cycles "of creation and dissolution with no beginning or end." The Creation Story tells that Brahma, god as the creator, was resting beneath the ocean in the realm of Naga, the king of serpents. Brahma felt a stirring and suddenly a full-blown Lotus was born on the surface of the ocean. Brahma seated himself on the floating Lotus and looked in all directions for any other beings. Not seeing anyone around but feeling a desire for knowledge, he meditated, seeking knowledge within himself. There he found Truth, God himself, in his own heart, and looking around he now saw God everywhere. And the voice of God told him to create the world out of God. "Creation is only the projection into form of that which already exists." So Brahma drew the wind and the waters of the sea into the Lotus, and divided it into the three spheres - heaven, earth and sky. He gave the world the four Vedas - the wisdom of God. The first humans he created were saints who immediately fell into meditation and were not interested in the world. This would be the end of the humans if some solution could not be found. As Brahma was meditating, he found his own form dividing, and so directly from Brahma's being came the first man, Manu, and the first woman, Shatarupa, the parents of all human beings."

    There are almost a billion hindi out there and it's the third most practiced religion on the world. I'd be curious to know if the biblical creationists in this thread can confidently say that this hindu creation story is untrue, and if so, what is your reasoning?

    It can't be proven wrong with absolute certainty... so why is it not getting equal focus here? Should we teach this alongside evolution? What would you say to someone who was arguing in this thread that human evolution was a lie because this was how we were created?

    And it's certainly not the only creation story out there.

  6. #550
    God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It can't be proven wrong with absolute certainty... so why is it not getting equal focus here? Should we teach this alongside evolution? What would you say to someone who was arguing in this thread that human evolution was a lie because this was how we were created?
    It is not getting equal focus, cause we are not talking about Hindus.... we are talking about...err against Christains. The Hindu belief of how the earth came into being could very well be correct, but as it is religious along with Cristianity and all the othere. It is wrong cause it states there is a god... hmmm how sad. I'm so glad I have a god. I like knowing that I will go somewhere(well that's what I believe) when I die, I don't want to merely cease to exist. Evolution "proves" that right? We have no soul but we do lose weight the moment we die... I heard many examples done(by the way dogs don't lose weight when they die interesting "fact" aint it).
    ~Wes~

    My plants are going green to save the environment

    My Growlist

  7. #551

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I like knowing that I will go somewhere(well that's what I believe) when I die, I don't want to merely cease to exist. Evolution "proves" that right?
    not at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]We have no soul but we do lose weight the moment we die... I heard many examples done(by the way dogs don't lose weight when they die interesting "fact" aint it).
    I've also heard fingernails and hair keep growing after you die (which is false), that there are no transitional fossils (false), that evolution proves nothing happens when you die (maybe that you will get eaten by maggots and other organisms but that's not evolution saying anything)... give me a good scientific site and then I'll believe (no religious sites... I don't trust religious sites one tiny bit to tell the whole truth about science)

    Where the HECK are you getting all these "evolution proves" and "evolution says" umm... statements or whatever?
    let me guess... religious sites?

    heck... I've heard snakes inject their venom with their tails (and when told they didn't they asked if it was with their tongues then...), that mudpuppies bark and sting with their gills, that poinsettias are poisonous... etc.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  8. #552

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Martinez, California
    Posts
    3,556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's cuz our heads deflate when we die. Like a balloon.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •