User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 147 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The less specific a reference is, the more it is open to inturpertation. The bible says the world will end in fire, but leaves exactly how open to inturpertation.

Specificites can be changed to fit the loose wording of parts of the text
    that makes no logic

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ Dec. 27 2004,8:18)]as a matter of fact, there was a tsunami in asia a few days ago, would you belive the world is ending, or it was indeed the earthquake?
    Well, I believe that the physical act which lead to ther tsunami was probably the earthquake, but that's not to say that God didn't will any of it to happen. Personally, I just think that it doesn't matter. God is external to the world, as are theories like Creationism. Whether they are real or not has no bearing on what happens here and now; it affects only the way we think about what is happening - so why worry about it?
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 'faith' in science because it is backed up by facts. By this loose defenition, science would be considerd my 'faith'
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Dec. 27 2004,8:25)]
    Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Dec. 27 2004,11:11)]My point here is that what we call proof within the realm of science is really just a form of faith, backed up by experience.
    Science isn't a form of faith, backed up by experience or facts. Science is a form of facts backed up by faiths. Science has no basis in faith, and of course in thinking that you would think that creationism and science can coinside.. but they can't.
    I'm not saying science is faith, I'm saying that to have proof of something is to have faith in that something being consistently reproducible. Science is based upon faith because science is based on reproducible phenomenon, which is based on consistent causality, which is based on faith.
    ~Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I have 'faith' in science because it is backed up by facts. By this loose defenition, science would be considerd my 'faith'
    Considering that you even need faith in science when the facts are in your face.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] Science is based upon faith because science is based on reproducible phenomenon, which is based on consistent causality, which is based on faith.
    ~Joe
    Exactly!
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Dec. 27 2004,8:31)]
    Quote[/b] ]I have 'faith' in science because it is backed up by facts. By this loose defenition, science would be considerd my 'faith'
    Considering that you even need faith in science when the facts are in your face.
    There's no need to get combative, AE. The facts may be in our face, but there is ample reason to doubt facts. Just look at what kinds of things get passed off as facts by politicians - we need to call facts into question even when we don't factor in the inaccuracy of our observations!
    ~Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Dec. 27 2004,11:30)]Science is based upon faith because science is based on reproducible phenomenon, which is based on consistent causality, which is based on faith.
    Going back to the topic at hand and away from what science is for the moment, a huge (or only) factor in Evolution (Natural Selection) is not casual (more specifically) it's a fact that all living things undergo mutation during their lifetime. It might be casual, but it surely is consistent. Your comment about consistent casuality is implying that scientists have to have "faith" in (specifically and in terms of natural selection) that mutations are consistant. There is no faith needed, mutations are consistant.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Page 7 of 147 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast