User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 77 of 147 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 609 to 616 of 1176

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

  1. #609

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think bugweed changed his mind more than he "opened" it up to new information.

    This thread has gotten a little... uhh.. longer than i uhh... expect [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] There's alot of information here. I suggest (whoever is reading this) wether you are a creationist or an evolutionist read through and if you see a topic thats interesting.. research it some more. Keep your mind open to new info, you might learn something you didnt know.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  2. #610
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    um if organimsms didnt evolve then the prospects of life outside of our control ,to me, is bleak- meaning that as we continue to change, organimsms will one by one be wiped from existance, and if they dissapeir, then theres no way that something else can take its place in time. ther will be voids of possible new ecosystems and completely destroyed ones aswell. we would completely and permenantly deface our planet, and destroy the prospects of life outside the tattered remenents of nature (with the exeption of species that are flexible enough to eek out, and even thrive in our modified land. still, thats not much and we would be at a great loss of diversity)> through evolution, organisms can develop many new ways to survive and prosper alongside and against us, where as the other way there will always be a permenent and unchanging few. Victorians beleived orchids were desinged by god to please humans... and that all organisms are lesser... how depressing, that they tried to find a way to justify humans vanity over other forms of life. are not humans one species amoung many? In my veiw, the creationist veiwpoint would be depressing.
    that makes no logic

  3. #611

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the subject of junk DNA:
    I was reading through scientific american (i think it was) and it was talking about how scientists think that what we refer to as "junk" DNA may be the reason that we are so complex. Based on a study they found that the more complex the organism the more junk DNA they had. I totally forgot the details so make sure that this is dully noted. If i find the article i will post it for you guys to see.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  4. #612
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    huh
    that makes no logic

  5. #613

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Scientists don't include the "great flood".
    that's because scientifically the great flood is IMPOSSIBLE. You can only believe the great flood if you believe that god twisted natural laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]They don't include an explanation for why the earths population is what it is today, if people have been reproducing since hundreds of thousand if not millions of years ago.
    volcanoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, floods, disease, war, supervolcanoes, hurricanes, .... what's your point? I'm sorry but it's completely stupid to think that human reprdoduction and survival has been constant throughout our existance and that there are no outside factors.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]In they lab the provided electric sparks for a week. By your logic, this means that in nature, there must have been gentle steady lightning hitting the earth before life developed.
    well I don't know but there are amino acids in meteorites so obviously it is possible and that analogy is still completely wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]So much for the punctuated equlibrium theory
    the fact that evolution is gradual doesn't mean it occurs at the same speed all the time. You don't just have a gecko and then it turns into an ostrich.
    gradual: proceeding by steps or degrees
    2 : moving, changing, or developing by fine or often imperceptible degrees
    that does not mean it is always constant nor that it is slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Evolution of life is simply not a hypothesis or a guess or belief: it is a theory. This is what many people don't get:
    and creationism doesn't even reach being a hypothesis. More like SPECULATION (right bugweed?)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Well so much for the Cambrian Explosion. I guess that fossil evedince was planted by creationists. Yes I realize that there were orginisms present before that but where is the link?
    I never said evolution happens at a constant speed and that that speed is slow. There's not much evidence (as far as I know... and I dont' know much about paleontology) because they evolved from soft bodied animals that don't fossilize!
    ... and what stiffler said :P
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Alpha don't you dare do that "doesn't anyone read the last 60 pages" or I will smack your nose with a newspaper!
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It is surprising how much we have not changed.
    not really. We have a good design and are able to reproduce and have many offspring.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Evolution as a whole is also not proven, but an educated guess (that is scientific theory).
    !@#$%#@!@#$%$#@#$%$#@!!!!!!!!!!
    I believe those of you who are actually here know by now what I would say (YOU BETTER!) so I'm not going to say anything here.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]try all they like, but they just get laughed at in the process
    lol.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  6. #614

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 07 2005,9:27)]huh
    lol... for example the majority of our genome is regarded to as junk DNA and we are regarded to as very complex organisms. on the other hand most bacteria genome are 100% coding DNA and they are much simpler. Scientists think there is correlation between how much junk DNA an organism has and how complex they are. The correlation? - more "junk", more complex... less "junk", less complex.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  7. #615
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was ment to end with a piriod. huh. oh alpha, remind me soon to sent u a pm on society and evolution im writing cause ii have some built up in a backlog for other people who arnt here anymore
    that makes no logic

  8. #616

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from I forgot who's site:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It is a belief passionately defended by the scientific establishment, despite the lack of any observable scientific evidence for macroevolution (that is, evolution from one distinct kind of organism into another).
    shows how much they know (or their top-down thinking)... speciation (one species turning into another) has been observed... not to mention fossils and DNA (can trace back lineages), structures (homologous, analogous, vestigial), etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]First of all, the lack of a case for evolution is clear from the fact that no one has ever seen it happen. If it were a real process, evolution should still be occurring, and there should be many "transitional" forms that we could observe.
    again, in what world are you living in? (lala land? LOL)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]What we see instead, of course, is an array of distinct "kinds" of plants and animals with many varieties within each kind, but with very clear—and apparently—unbridgeable gaps between the kinds. That is, for example, there are many varieties of dogs and many varieties of cats, but no "dats" or "cogs." Such variation is often called microevolution, and these minor horizontal (or downward) changes occur fairly often, but such changes are not true "vertical" evolution.
    LOL. what the HECK is "vertical" and "horizontal" evolution? evolution is evolution and that's that. trasnitional organisms like they're talking about are rare because both dogs and cats evolved from the same ancestor a long time ago. Just look at fossils.
    and how about algae? They're between protists and plants. People argue over where to put them (british people say they're plants, americans they they're too simple to be plants and are therefore protists) same as many other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Evolutionary geneticists have often experimented on fruit flies and other rapidly reproducing species to induce mutational changes hoping they would lead to new and better species, but these have all failed to accomplish their goal. No truly new species has ever been produced, let alone a new "basic kind."
    again, speciation HAS been observed... the thing with fruit flies is that most of the time there's no natural selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]There ought, therefore, to be a considerable number of true transitional structures preserved in the fossils (after all, there are billions of non-transitional structures there!). But (with the exception of a few very doubtful creatures such as the controversial feathered dinosaurs and the alleged walking whales)
    there are. They're controversial because people don't want to admit there are transitional fossils that prove evolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The entire history of evolution from the evolution of life from non-life to the evolution of vertebrates from invertebrates to the evolution of man from the ape is strikingly devoid of intermediates: the links are all missing in the fossil record, just as they are in the present world.
    there are even transitional species between vertebrates and invertebrates. lancets (is that right?) are one. They don't have a true backbone but instead have a notochord (darn... I'm bringing up OLD stuff from biology... are the names right?)
    and humans ARE apes. so of course there's not going to be anything from apes to humans because humans are apes! LOL [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    no seriously... as it has been adressed before, there's controversy if homo erectus is human or not so how more intermediate CAN you get?

    the "scientific case against evolution" doesn't seem to be very scientific... and I haven't even read the whole article! every single point they've made... wrong wrong wrong.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •