User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 78 of 147 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 617 to 624 of 1176

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

  1. #617

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 07 2005,9:48)]it was ment to end with a piriod. huh.
    Oh well.. in case someone has a real "huh" with no period, their covered.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  2. #618

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 05 2005,10:27)]hey alpha, you havent gone into muct detail (akak rant) about sexual selection yet. it would further back up our argument for evolution
    I take it you mean natural selection?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  3. #619
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    homo erectus is clearly a hominoid and far more closely related to us than to the transitional form between the human and ape groups....
    that makes no logic

  4. #620

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]alpha, remind me soon to sent u a pm on society and evolution im writing cause ii have some built up in a backlog for other people who arnt here anymore
    *reminds you*... soon enough? lol.
    continued from above...
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]With respect to the origin of life, a leading researcher in this field, Leslie Orgel, has said after noting that neither proteins nor nucleic acids could have arisen without the other, concludes

    And so, at first glance, one might have to conclude that life could never, in fact, have originated by chemical means.5
    THE ORIGINS OF LIFE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EVOLUTION!!! why can't they get that? dang!
    as for it not being able to have originated by chemical means... I'm no chemisist so I don't know if they don't include electricity (lightning) as "chemical means"... but anyway it HAS been proven it could have happened naturally. I don't know if by chemical means... but naturally it could have.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Translation: "There is no known way by which life could have arisen naturalistically."
    they sure are horrible translators!!! I could translate macaw to dog better than they can translate that LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Unfortunately, such experiments have not progressed much further than the original prototype, leaving us with a sour aftertaste from the primordial soup.7
    can you say LALA LAND (LOL I love saying that)? I was reading an article (I might just ask my teacher for it again) and they have made self-replicating RNA, cell membranes, etc so we HAVE progressed much further.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Equally puzzling, however, is how some invertebrate creature in the ancient ocean, with all its "hard parts" on the outside, managed to evolve into the first vertebrate—that is, the first fish—with its hard parts all on the inside.
    they didn't. echinoderms have an internal skeleton and they evolved into chordates like lancets which then evolved into vertebrates.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]As far as ape/human intermediates are concerned, the same is true, although anthropologists have been eagerly searching for them for many years. Many have been proposed, but each has been rejected in turn.
    darn.... do I HAVE to keep going? so far every point they've made ( http://www.icr.org/pubs/imp/imp-330.htm ) has been a stupid point... why do you tourture me with this pseudoscience!!! (pseudo= false/fake science=sience)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  5. #621

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]homo erectus is clearly a hominoid and far more closely related to us than to the transitional form between the human and ape groups....
    ok fine, maybe not homo erectus but- http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC050.html

    about cambrian explosion-"Complex life forms appear suddenly in the Cambrian Explosion, with no ancestral fossils. " http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC300.html
    No fossils have been found transitional between invertebrates and vertebrates. - http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC211.html
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  6. #622

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.sjchurchofchrist.org/junkdna.shtml
    theres an article on it.

    If creationism were to be true, everything would be well and organized in the living world. If we researched any genome of any species of anything living, we would find everything to be coding DNA... why would god put something there that wasn't necessary?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  7. #623

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 08 2005,4:03)].
    there are even transitional species between vertebrates and invertebrates. lancets (is that right?) are one. They don't have a true backbone but instead have a notochord (darn... I'm bringing up OLD stuff from biology... are the names right?)
    and humans ARE apes. so of course there's not going to be anything from apes to humans because humans are apes! LOL [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    no seriously... as it has been adressed before, there's controversy if homo erectus is human or not so how more intermediate CAN you get?[/QUOTE]
    where is this controversy? i have never heard anyone in anthropology call homo erectus human, they are called human ancestors but never just plain humans. This also begs the question of what makes us human. Im not saying your wrong i would just like to read it and check out the persons qualification to make that statement.

    and let me quickly explain punctuated evolution because im not sure anyone here knows what it is or is explaining it right cause you are confusing me and i have studied the theory. the way it would work is this, a new nitch opens up and existing animals move into it, then as they occupy this nitch they evolve to better suit being in that nitch, they do not evolve then occupy the nitch like some are making it seem. The reason this is punctuated is because one spieces will suddenly become several to occupy the open nitches. of course its is more complicated than this but its the theory in a nutshell
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

  8. #624

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Jan. 08 2005,1:38)]and let me quickly explain punctuated evolution because im not sure anyone here knows what it is or is explaining it right cause you are confusing me and i have studied the theory. the way it would work is this, a new nitch opens up and existing animals move into it, then as they occupy this nitch they evolve to better suit being in that nitch, they do not evolve then occupy the nitch like some are making it seem. The reason this is punctuated is because one spieces will suddenly become several to occupy the open nitches. of course its is more complicated than this but its the theory in a nutshell
    thats a part of the theory in a nutsell [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •