User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mutations are constant, but the rate of the number of benificial mutations incorporated into a species gene pool is not consistant
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (seedjar @ Dec. 27 2004,11:35)]There's no need to get combative, AE. The facts may be in our face, but there is ample reason to doubt facts.
    If facts can be doubted, in comparison, faith shouldn't be a factor in determining our history. As many scientist would say to you and other creationists "where are the facts?". Faith is a weird thing to belive anything by and beliving faith over facts is illogical, in regards to science and anything else.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok... I've read the mojority of this topic, and I have a question. From what I have read so far, is that all the evolutionists are arguing about how evolution works, and how it did everything( I couldn't come up with a better explanation LOL). So then.... evolution must not be consistent since all(I'm being very broad when I say all) the evolutionsists are arguing about the "right" evolution.

Quote[/b] ]you wanna know somthing funny..the bible does not mention dinosaurs, so religious people say they are tricks of the devil and they never exsisted...
    Actually the Bible does mention dinosaurs, it is just that a lot of people don't know where it(excuse me, THEY are). Yes, there are multiple times it mentions it, I think there are two or three dinosaurs that it mentions. I'll need to find it, I used to know where they all were(I was big into dinosaurs).

Quote[/b] ]You take what you have (proof) and you base your beliefs on it.
    Actually, your proof is fact. Air is around us is not proof, it is fact. The right way to say that would be, "you take fact and try to prove or disprove it" Another thing is that it is impossible to prove anything because of human error, so the experiments we create to prove are'nt perfect, so we can't prove. Science is not meant to prove in the first place. Now there are GOOD scientists out there, that have taken science to far and all they want is to prove ther other scientists that contradict them wrong(that would be for personal gain). Science is and always has been to find out about the world and universe around us along with the creatures that live in it.
    I'm not gonna say anything about my beliefs in evolution/vs. creation, cause you all know I'm a firm believer in creation and that its the only way.
    By the way, if it gets into a yelling contest, I'll either report you or just leave the topic..................... HA! J/k I'll just leave the topic. I wouldn't rat you guys/gals out, I like you too much despite our differences. Oh, I know you are gonna use quotes in this, and I know I coulda done a better job on this, but I didn't wanna have to go through 6 pages of stuff to find what I was looking for. LOL , I'm tired

Later,
    ~Wes~
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in a way, faith was inportant to the survival of our species
    that makes no logic

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh let me add one more thing, before this ends up a war, A_E, and Finch, etc(sorry you were the only two people in the topic I could think of without going back over all the names, and it has nothing to do with anything you may have said). Don't take this topic seriously, just dicuss the matters, be polite, and have fun.

LOL,
    ~Wes~

P.S. Finch, I like your siggy. I just finished reading about Hemurabi's(sp) code.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Dec. 27 2004,11:42)]Mutations are constant, but the rate of the number of benificial mutations incorporated into a species gene pool is not consistant
    It is probability. The "chance" one will be benefitial. In different environments there would be different "chances" within a specific species, for a mutation to be benefitial. Which creates a probability, a solid number. If you flip a coin 100 times, the number of heads and tails will always be close, because of no outside interuptions. Within genetic mutations, it being accepted as beneficial by the environment also has to be taken into account... therefore raising or lowering the number. But there will still be a solid number.. whether it be 1% or 99% there will be one.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A better job! i type franticly and dont spellcheck for fear that the discussion will leave me behind!

P.s. thanks Wes, actuallly to be a effective timeline my sig must go on to the next event, no mater how much i like this current one [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey look it just did

Quote[/b] ] Don't take this topic seriously, just dicuss the matters, be polite, and have fun.
    thanks, i know. truth is i enjoy a good debate, even if i am not very good (at it)

A_E there are so many variables that need to be taken into account that a simple coin toss does not provide a good example. Most mutations disrupt the genetic code in some way, and most are harfull, its not 50/50. Mostly, mutations that offer a marked atvantage over others are usually incorporated in time into a species gene pool
    that makes no logic