User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 80 of 147 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 633 to 640 of 1176

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

  1. #633

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The reproductive isolation is one of the major problems with the theory since often times the new speices is found with its parent speices which makes one ask the question of why they did not interbreed.
    it may have to do with habits. If one is nocturnal and the other is diurnal then they're not going to interbreed.
    Dogs and coyotes can interbreed (as can dogs and wolves... can dogs and coyotes interbreed??) but they usually don't because they breed at different times of year. If they DO mate and have offspring, the babies are born in the wrong time of year and they usually die.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Well duh God twisted natural laws - otherwise we wouldn't be talking about creationism at all. God made rain fall from the sky and come out of the ground in large enough quantities to cover the earth. I'm quite aware of the fact that this did not happen naturally.
    ok good... but then don't use the flood in a scientific debate against evolution. (I forgot if you used it or if I was responding to the site... which isn't very scientific :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] If we had a population growth of only 0.2% a year, after 10,000 years, the population would grow from 2 to 951141889. That's almost a billion from just two people with a very high mortality rate.
    It's not just Christians who beleive in the Flood. Almost every single culture in the world has stories of a great flood that covered the earth. Coincidence?
    no it's no coincidence. Religions adopt previous beliefs into their beliefs to make their beliefs more credible to people. and it's not almost every single culture. I dont remember hearing of native americans or mayans or asians having flood stories... i'm sure the cultures with flood stories are all connected somehow aren't they?
    again, you are making your calculations as if they were constant. When do they have children? There are way too many variables to make the calculations as simple as you're making them. It depends when they start having children, how many of those children have children, natural disasters, etc......
    for example... the toba catastrophe. Previously to that there were millions of humans but then a supervolcano erupted and killed off many of them to only leave a couple thousand humans. Ice ages also greately reduced human populations...
    you're just saying it as if population growth was constant. It is not.

    remember: it's not as simple as that!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  2. #634
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    freak out! obviously this was gonna be a hot topic
    that makes no logic

  3. #635

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Not many intact cultures -ones untouched my missonarys and not converted to christanity- have tales of a great flood that wiped out everything ( exeptions are myas, aztecs & messopitamians).
    they did? cool. I don't know when but the mayans and others did have contact with the egyptians and stuff. There's evidence for it... I believe they traded coffee? or some drug? I don't know...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  4. #636

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Posts
    2,160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 08 2005,12:55)]freak out! obviously this was gonna be a hot topic
    If you notice, only you, Amateur Expert, Alpha Wolf and Rubra are participating.
    ktulu makes a post every few pages, and thats it.
    No one has time for it anymore.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

  5. #637
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one species of coffee, the most commonly drank, is from the african rainforests

    hey alpha why havent u responded to my pms?
    that makes no logic

  6. #638

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]hey alpha why havent u responded to my pms?
    too much to do! I've been very very busy :P
    I still haven't finished mike king's notes, I have to write at least three pages for homework, I have to respond here, people are talking to me in AIM, etc... I am writing a response but just wait a sec :P
    (and it doesn't help that my mom is watching TV and I can't concentrate!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]one species of coffee, the most commonly drank, is from the african rainforests
    well I forgot what it was but it wasn't found in egypt.
    besides there's more evidence... like pyramids. the mayans made pyramids, chinese made pyramids, egyptians made pyramids, many cultures made pyramids. coincidence? Maybe we should all make pyramids right? It's not just flood stories that cultures have in common, and that doesn't prove a thing or makes your argument any better that they do.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  7. #639
    Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Posts
    1,697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man,
    You guys found a way to reword a Religion topic................AGAIN!

    The real fact is: We don't know!
    Why?: Cause we weren't around yet. (humans in general)

    It's obvious that natural disasters take place. Floods or whatever make no preference to science or religion. Now, if it rained brimstone and fire, I'd say that counts; otherwise.

    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

  8. #640

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zone 9
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]actualy, more like 5, and almost every single culture has taales of disasters. floods are one of them. Not many intact cultures -ones untouched my missonarys and not converted to christanity- have tales of a great flood that wiped out everything ( exeptions are myas, aztecs & messopitamians). if they did often it was to destroy unsatisfctory creations, like the aztecs story that the gods destroyed the clay people with a flood because they did not make satisfactory offerings.

    every single culture also has histories and tales of violence (anthropologists know of no culture that is completely peacful and does not have wars atleast rarely) and not one have females acheived as much political say in affairs as men. Coincidence, or is this a leftover behavioral trate from our ancestors?
    I don't know what history curriculum your school uses - probably one that will ever admit anything that might disprove evolution. I have done my research when I say that pretty much every culture (and almost every religion for that matter) has tales of a great flood that wiped out all but a few people.

    As for females not achieving the political power of men, I agree with you. Coincidence, no. Behavioral trate, no. It was part of the curse put on Eve and all womankind after she sinned.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]ok good... but then don't use the flood in a scientific debate against evolution. (I forgot if you used it or if I was responding to the site... which isn't very scientific :P)
    The fact that it happened supernaturally does not retract from its factor in showing that there is a reason for the extinction of many animals, and for scientists claim that all people are descended from one pair.

    Alpha, if you do not accept my figure of 0.2% population growth per year, what do you suggest? That is a tiny number. That means that for every five hundred people, one is added each year. Even with natural disasters and disease and all that, that is a small number. Sure may not be that constant, but that could still be a viable average.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Previously to that there were millions of humans but then a supervolcano erupted and killed off many of them to only leave a couple thousand humans. Ice ages also greately reduced human populations...
    So why aren't we finding millions of human fossils created at several distinct periods in history?

    Peter
    the cellist

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •