User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 82 of 147 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 649 to 656 of 1176

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

  1. #649
    StifflerMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    339
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Puctuated equilibrium: Darwin saw evolution as a slow, continuous process, without sudden jumps; instead of a slow, continuous movement, evolution tends to be characterized by long periods of virtual standstill ("equilibrium") "punctuated" by episodes of very fast development of new forms.

    I was staring right at it in the zoology textbook, and I wrote it as puntuated evolution. Sorry to confuse anyone.

  2. #650
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not to mention we would have universal salt deposits when the water that didnt drain out to sea and was trapped in huge puddles, so to speak, evaporated. And shurly all lakes would have some salt content. saltwaterlaks are reletevly rare, and part of the rising water was afterall ocen water, the rain and sea would have mixed. so in theory most lakes should have some sodium chloride content and descendants of stranded sea life, and why arnt all marine animals evemly distributed, many are found only in certain localities. same with feshwater life. would not they be distributed evely trought the globe? why are there freshwater fish at all because they couldnt suvive that much salt inidation anyway!
    that makes no logic

  3. #651
    StifflerMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    339
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, someone mentioned evolution as theory being an educated guess. I love this one, it's so misleading. Creationism (theory) is also an educated guess, if we consider theologists are educated in theology and they have made this guess. So how are they different? Evolution is based in science, creationism is not (although many like to make it appear so).

  4. #652
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (whew) lastly, while rain would have diluted most salt deposits and lots of salt would be flushed out rivers and streams, lakes would still be rather salty because saltwater and frshwater dont mix very well unless disturbed. Groundwater and aquiders would be salty, and the worlds soils alkaline. and we still would have universle salt depostits and almost every older ded-end (river flows in but one does not flow out) lake of age would by hypersaline like the great salt lake or dead sea from runoff carrying the salt being concentraded by rivers in the lake
    that makes no logic

  5. #653
    herenorthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    almost Hartford
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't defend evolution with logic because creationists are free to invoke heavenly hocus-pocus whenever they want. Let's face it, if God can pull a worldwide flood out of His hat and put all the water back in when He's done, surely He can gather up all the salt afterwards.

    The living and evolving universe described by physicists, geologists, and biologists is far more divine than the six days of magic tricks allowed by creationists.
    Bruce in CT

    Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

  6. #654
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait if what the bible says is truth, then whatevers not in the bible is just guesswork on what god did, right?
    that makes no logic

  7. #655

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It was quite possible to build an ark, even if it took years in the making. I also just learned that the original hebrew word for beast (as in "every beast") most likely referrs to land-dwelling vertebrates. Noah sure didn't have the resources to find all the animals - God did.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]And it wasn't a matter of God breaking the laws of nature, rather, he was using nature to do what he wanted.
    in order for the flood myth to be true, God HAD to break the laws of nature.
    By the time noah had built an ark big enough to house so many animals, parts of it would have rotted off, people would have stolen his materials and stuff... just please, read this: http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/noahs_ark.html
    if you still believe that story is true, then fine but don't say that with the laws of nature it could possibly be true. I don't care what you say but without god messing up the universe it would be IMPOSSIBLE.
    what finch mentioned, It would be impossible for all the food of all the animals, it would be impossible to start off an ecosystem with only two of every species, all plants and aquatic animals (well, all plants and MOST sea organisms) would have died from the salt content/lack of salt content, ... just read the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]And shurly all lakes would have some salt content.
    they do but it would be higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]BTW, someone mentioned evolution as theory being an educated guess
    evolution isn't an educated guess. An educated guess is a hypothesis and a theory is two steps or more above it.
    creationism ins't even a hypothesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]and evolving universe described by physicists,
    umm... as long as we ALL know that the "evolving universe" has nothing to do with the theory of evolution...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  8. #656

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROFLMAO!!!! while you're in that site, look at some other of his pages. This one on adam and eve is pretty funny. http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/eden.html
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •