User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 87 of 147 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] underground. Then the spend another long span of time in their pupal form, during which they could be flooded and never know
    well of course they would never know. They'd be dead! (eggs and pupae are NOT indistructable you know. and not all eggs/pupae float, etc... again, not ALL life would have died but we would not have the species we have today if there HAD been a flood just a few thousands of years ago.)
    and it's not just everything surviving the actual flood. the one or so organisms that managed to survive would still have to deal with disease, how to get food (many would have been washed away thousands of miles from where they were... we should have the same species of beetles all around the world!), shelter (everything would be wet...), find mates, (if a lion needs food... it's going to eat a zebra... but there were only two zebras in the whole entire earth... so there goes that species... oh... and they were BABIES because adults couldn't fit on the boat... so the two lone survivors would have to survive to maturity too.
    you CANNOT (it is IMPOSSIBLE) to rebuild a whole ecosystem with just two babies of every animal species and all photosynthetic life gone.
    arguing for the flood story is ridiculous. there is NO WAY it could have happened without god sticking his nose in every single aspect of it.
    and I am DONE about the flood myth. I feel so stupid having to point out the obvious results of a worldwide flood and how it would be IMPOSSIBLE in this reality.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] oh I know that. Life in this planet has endured oxygen poisoning (lol)
    Boy howdy! You're right! I say we start breathing hydrogen sulfide this instant [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ok, so I say we keep this friendly so that none of us need to give a thousand links to try to come out on top, I'm here to learn something just like you -and no I'm not saying that it isn't friendly... just... Oh forget it -

Quote[/b] ] now we have salt water organisms beneath billions of tons of water which would crush them...
    Well, as far as we're concerned, doesn't it not really matter for the most part They're already under billions of tonnes -and tons for the metric-impared :P- Ok, so if there would be an even greater pressure, I think the real vital stuff -organisms on the seafloor which recycle matter and create CO2 and ward of ice ages yadda yadda...- would survive, no? I mean, granted that we'd have to say goodbye to quite a few of our fishy friends. And another question, if we have this much water rushing in, no matter where it's coming from wouldn't it hit land fairly forceful to begin with? so wouldn't a lot of normally burried things -aforementioned eggs- get washed around and all of that? I dunno, this is just for fun for me, I don't really care, and I agree with you that most things wouldn't have survived it, just fun to take apart, kind of irrelivent, but fun [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] So I wasn't here when we determined at all photosynthetic life would die, where's the reasoning there?? What I was getting at before with the densities stuff is, wont the autotrophs from freshwater environment survive? See, I'm not bothering to argue the whole matter, as far as I'm concerned, most of life would have died *shrug*, we're just coming up with an interesting discussion from this [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

--Addition: So, no I'm not aruing that it was possible, I'm justhaving fun with the biology talk [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    starman i know those examples but thats not the same as the statement that they all back up the flood or all can be generalized that they followed the same basic events!

Quote[/b] ]Plants and insects both happen to have their own methods of survival. Plants have the amazing ability to produce seed, which in all cases I can think of can survive at least 44 days. Insects lay eggs, which normally hatch after anything from days to weeks, and can lay dormant for long periods of time if kept cold (ie. in cold water). Other insects could survive as nymphs underground. I personally am not sure quite how they all survived, but it would make an interesting study!

As for separate races, this site I found explains it much better than I can:

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/race-skincolor.html

hello, non seed-bearing plants, and all seeds definatly cant stay viable for 44 days. how long the seed stays viable depends on the food stores around the embryo and how effecently the embryo uses those stores. and all plants vary greatly in athe amount of food stored for it in the seed.

surviving as nymphs... first, they would drown because insects breathe air too, underwaterones often have air reserves available... pupa have air holes in their shells... and two, there are very, very few insects living in the oceans, because the nitch they have on land has been taken by copeopods
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOAH howd that happen [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] pupa have air holes in their shells...
    exoskeletons please :P insects don't have shells.
    (and if anybody was wondering the air holes are called spiracles)

and fish do have a certain range of pressures they can withdstand.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] and fish do have a certain range of pressures they can withdstand.
    Got that, that's why fish kinda... Pop when pulled up from depths; their air bladders... Well, let's just say that they don't really appreciate it :P I was refering to the organisms living on the sea floor... Any idea about those?
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Est @ Jan. 10 2005,8:53)]I was refering to the organisms living on the sea floor... Any idea about those?
    Those organisms that live on the sea floor also have a depth at which they can be in. More pressure still might be bad for even them.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same as all other organisms. (usually more pressure is worse than less pressure... but less pressure can also have negative effects)