User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 89 of 147 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Bible says x, y, x, but we don't accept that, so here is some incomplete evidence from which one might conclude the possibility of our having evolved." Is the basic sum up of the evolutionist.

Never mind how the universe came into existence, never mind that nothing in this world can fully satisfy us, never mind that if we are just organisms that live and then die, we are meaningless.

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we're just a virus...
    Earthquakes, hurricanes, mudslides and tidal waves seem like a good immune system to me.
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally, I believe we are all direct descendants of the inhabitants of the Golgafrincham B-Ark..
    its the theory that makes the most sense..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] so here is some incomplete evidence from which one might conclude the possibility of our having evolved."
    If you trully beleive this you either a) are unaware (as are most people) of the true extent of the evidence, or b) are just unwilling to except it as evidence.

If a, then if you do a little research, you will see MOUNTAINS of evidence to support evolution. Yes there are gaps, but as time passes more and more of those gaps are filled (recent discovery of hominid fossile from12 to 14 million years ago. We had almost nothing from that time period...another hole filled). The creationist evidence amounts to ONE BOOK.

If b, the I really cannot help you and wish no longer to engage your arguments. If you will not accept mine, I will not accept yours (and I'm rubber and you glue....)
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 11 2005,11:28)]How the heck does one argue with THAT?? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    The last 70 pages should give you a good answer.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 11 2005,11:28)]I mean, the flood didn't kill all that stuff AE & others said it would because God makes the rules & didn't want them dead.

The geologic column was laid out the way it is by God.

Everything is the magic man in the sky.
    Of course. Beliving the bible is illogical enough, then creationists try to find logic in what they interpreted from the bible by further saying god didn't kill everything in the ocean when he flooded it. Does it say that in the bible? No. But it's what creationists find logical even though what they getting logic from is already not plausible.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 11 2005,11:28)]Then you have the Old Earth Creationists, who make a lot more sense. They, at least, aknowledge that evolution occurs. Whether intelligent design or God just said "Go!" to see what happens, things change.
    You can't fully belive in religion and evolution... maybe parts of both if twisted and blended to the persons liking.. but not both in their entireties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, enough of this dissing creationists. Obviously this stuff isn't likely. Obviously it wouldn't just happen by itself. But guess, what - things don't always happen the way we expect them to.
    Evolution is no more likely than creation. Carnivorous plants are a living proof of that. For example, why would a whole genus of nepenthes evolve, with simple ones like mirabilis at the same time as the more complex hamata, and yet there is no plant that has experimental formations sticking out of its petioles?

Peter
    the cellist