User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 91 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Really, it's just a matter of life trying to fill every little crack.
    life doesn't TRY to evolve. The opportunity just comes and certain mutations work so they survive. HOWEVER evolution isn't random. Natural selection drives it.
    Quote[/b] ] but every now and again we get a sucessful mutation or adaptation that gives that organism an edge.
    and the mutation being sucessful depends on the environment. If let's say a VFT with two traps scares the heck out of sheep that would eat it (lol... bad examples I know) but an ant would be too small to know and would get trapped.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]life doesn't TRY to evolve. The opportunity just comes and certain mutations work so they survive. HOWEVER evolution isn't random. Natural selection drives it.
    Thank you, I think that we're all well aware of the fact that natural selection is not a conscious, tangible entity. I think you know what I meant. If you really wanna nitpick though *ahem*... I think that we can keep it friendly and enjoyable by not doing so, though.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Thank you, I think that we're all well aware of the fact that natural selection is not a conscious, tangible entity. I think you know what I meant. If you really wanna nitpick though *ahem*... I think that we can keep it friendly and enjoyable by not doing so, though.
    are we all? Just like we are all aware evolution isn't "just" a theory, it has tons of proof, we have SEEN evolution in process, life doesn't TRY to evolve, evolution isn't from simplicity to complexity (many times it is but doesn't have to be), when species evolve not the whole species does (usually) but populations do, we didn't come from chimps/gorillas, humans aren't the top of the evolutionary tree, etc?

there are some people here that would get the wrong idea...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, but who created the evolutionary tree?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Evolution, baby!

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 12 2005,12:54)]
    Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Jan. 11 2005,6:51)]
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 11 2005,11:12)]You can't fully belive in religion and evolution... maybe parts of both if twisted and blended to the persons liking.. but not both in their entireties.
    Why not, i am yet to see anything that excludes all religion in evolution or vice versa, some religions say that you cant believe in evolution, and some religions believe things that conflict with evolution but not all religions and evolution clash
    You cannot fully belive both. Some parts of evolution contradict creationism and visa versa.
    where does evolution say there is no god/higher being? i dont ever remember that coming up in all my study of evolution. some religions yes i can see a conflict in but you cant say that all religions conflict with evolution
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Jan. 12 2005,12:30)]
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 12 2005,12:54)]
    Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Jan. 11 2005,6:51)]
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 11 2005,11:12)]You can't fully belive in religion and evolution... maybe parts of both if twisted and blended to the persons liking.. but not both in their entireties.
    Why not, i am yet to see anything that excludes all religion in evolution or vice versa, some religions say that you cant believe in evolution, and some religions believe things that conflict with evolution but not all religions and evolution clash
    You cannot fully belive both. Some parts of evolution contradict creationism and visa versa.
    where does evolution say there is no god/higher being? i dont ever remember that coming up in all my study of evolution. some religions yes i can see a conflict in but you cant say that all religions conflict with evolution
    No religion fully couples with evolution.

Period.

Do you know one that does?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Do you know one that does?
    My faith. And seemingly Ktulu's. Why box myself in the confines of a single religion? And if you're thinking of saying something like "well a few people 'aint a religion", well, we all start somewhere, don't we? And that's the point of this conversation, isn't it?? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!