User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 93 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 12 2005,1:32)]
    Quote[/b] ]Is there a religion that doesn't use the bible?
    Dude, there is only ONE that does....Christianity. All other don't use the Bible....
    Judiasm uses the Torrah,
    Musslims follow the Koran
    and many religions don't even have a singular text.
    That are based on the bible or some kind of scriptures or some kind of god or some kind of faith. Its just twisted around. Catholics use the bible also. Jehova's Witnesses and many others use the bible also. many other religions belive in a god too so aparently you odn't know much about religion.

All religion is based on faith. All of it.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fundamental dispute between evolution and creation is in the difference between science and religion. So it doesn't matter if a particular African animist religion has a creation story that sounds quite a bit like evolution. Unless the story is updated as new information is learned, it isn't remotely like evolution theory. I think such things should be taught in school. As Anthropology, not Science.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]That are based on the bible or some kind of scriptures or some kind of god or some kind of faith. Its just twisted around. Catholics use the bible also. Jehova's Witnesses and many others use the bible also. many other religions belive in a god too so aparently you odn't know much about religion.

Um...Catholics and Jehovas Witnesses are different kinds of Chirstians.

And I never said other religions don't beleive in God (or gods, for that matter). Where did you get that from my post? I did not mean to imply it. They all have their own vision of what God is (or gods are). I only meant to say that it is a false statement to say every religion uses the Bible.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 12 2005,11:38)]
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 12 2005,1:32)]
    Quote[/b] ]Is there a religion that doesn't use the bible?
    Dude, there is only ONE that does....Christianity. All other don't use the Bible....
    Judiasm uses the Torrah,
    Musslims follow the Koran
    and many religions don't even have a singular text.
    That are based on the bible or some kind of scriptures or some kind of god or some kind of faith. Its just twisted around. Catholics use the bible also. Jehova's Witnesses and many others use the bible also. many other religions belive in a god too so aparently you odn't know much about religion.

i love this post. its great why? because of the lack of understanding it convays. Catholics are a part of Christianity as are Luterans, Mormons, Jahovahs Whitesses and all those others like that. if your religion revolves around Jesus Christ that your religion is just a sub category of Christianity. are there differences? certainly, definatly but they are inter-related.

yes all religion is based on faith. but what that faith is based on varries GREATLY. not all religions use a book such as the bibal or the koran. are there some religions that have full belief in evolution? sure. why not? why wouldnt there be?

like i said on page 1 or 2 of this monster thread i fully believe in evolution. however i also fully believe in ghosts. now if that doesnt keep me awake some nights trying to figure out how the two can be hand in hand. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So why aren't species like glabrata dying off now that there's nepenthes hamata in the same habitat?

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does glabrata have sufficient survival abilities and resources as it is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Jan. 12 2005,2:34)]So why aren't species like glabrata dying off now that there's nepenthes hamata in the same habitat?

Peter
    Read carefully. I said same species. I just explained natural selection and how species evolve. You are comparing two species which is competition if they occupy the same niche. That's something tottally different.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Steve L @ Jan. 12 2005,10:30)]This is a conversation that many of you will have over and over throughout your life. You may find, as I have, that your opinion will evolve (heh, heh..) a bit one way or the other.

When you experience the birth of a child or the end of your rope, you may feel moved by a power that needs no explanation. This is faith. Faith is something that is actively sought. Real Faith is personal, it will never be handed to you or forced upon you. Faith needs no proof. How do you prove that love exists? I have faith that it does. I see it in the faces of my children every day.

I am in a science field. I have worked with science my whole life, and I love it. I do very much believe in evolution, and I do very much believe in a Higher Power. One does not exist to disprove the other.

This has been a circular argument and always will be. Evolution can be approached through science. Faith can not. Try not to get them confused.

Steve
    I had one more point I wanted to add to this. Most of the problems you run into with comparisons between biblical creation and what we accept as evolutional development has to do with the literal translation of the Bible. If you look at the way creation unfolds in Genesis, the pattern is not unlike the pattern we hold for evolution. Separation of earth and sky, life in water before land, the order of creation follows our best scenario of evolution. The big difference is TIME. Why do we have to be so literal with the bible? I believe the bible should be used as a tool for faith, not a tool for science. The bible is full of contradictions when taken word for word. Eye for an eye or turn the other cheek? Noah was over 400 years old, and creation took place in 6 days. Don't get so caught up in literal time.

I believe that Jesus died to take away my sin, NOT MY MIND.

When I want to research science I look to recent information. When I want a guide for faith I look to the bible. Would you use a 2000 year old medical text for modern day surgery?

Steve
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"