User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 96 of 147 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone's religion is right? That's awfully liberal of you. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! HA HA HA HA!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    *breathe Luis, breathe* LOL!!!!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never claimed to be a conservative! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    I was given that label by others here.

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rubra:
    Also, sometimes a trait may not be so critical to a specie's survival, therefore not hindering it or benefiting it by having the trait. A vestigial sort of trait may be a phenotype from past generations, among other explanations.

Do you know which one (fanged or not fanged) dominates the percentage of the whole population?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Jan. 12 2005,10:07)]Here is my theory about all the different world religions..they are ALL right!
    The old devout Christian grandmother who dies..she REALLY DOES go to heaven to spend eternity with Jesus!
    The Hindu who lives a good life, He really is reincarnated and comes back one step higher..
    the Bhuddist really does reach nirvana.
    The Viking warriors really are whooping up in Valhalla..
    the American Indians are with their Great Spirit..

I think all religions are just different ways of intrepretating God..
    God is too big for one religion..
    He can make them ALL correct if he wants to..

I actually had this conversation in college..really scared me, turned me off on Christianity for a long time..
    between me and "Born Again friend" lets call her "BAF".

Baf - only those who are saved will go to heaven, all other will go to Hell.
    Me - So Ghandi is in hell?
    Baf - well...yes, I would have to say so.
    Me - A newborn baby born in the wilds of deepest africa, born to non-christian parents, and dies at one day old..that baby goes to hell?
    Baf - yes.

AHHHHHHH!!!!
    How can people think that?
    I know that God is not sending babies to hell!!
    and..there have been millions of good, decent, god-loving people in the past, and God has not punished them all because they didnt accept the "correct" religion!
    no way..My God would never do that.
    So I think as long as you are truely a good person, you end up right with God..and if you really believe, deep in your spirit, that when you die you will have some specific experience, the God is capable of giving you that..whatever it is they want..

How can any Human say they know what God wants or thinks?
    its impossible..(and terribly arrogant!)
    I think ALL religions can be valid..

Scot
    Scot, what you wrote directly contradicts the Bible. Jesus, himself, says (and I am not particularly skilled in quoting, but more effective in conveying the concepts) that HE is the resurrection and the Life. No person comes to the Father except through the son. Broad is the gate to destruction and narrow is the path for salvation. There is is none righteous, no not one. All have come short of the glory of God. All, like sheep have gone astray. All our works are like filthy rags. The wages of sin is death. God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whomever puts his faith in him will not face eternal death, but will cross over to eternal life. It is by faith you are save, and not of your own, so that no person can boast. Faith without works is dead. (Those two go togethere as a complete unit, not a contradiction) If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, you will be saved.

Though the Bible does not come right out and say anything about the fate of babies, it DOES, as our 13 year old forum member brought out, say that we have a sin nature. For those people who never heard or read the Bible message, that is addressed in the first chapter of Romans. God is taking responsiblity for dealing with them.

To the atheist participants: It is easy to play "devil's advocate" and take pot shots at the Christians participating. It is easy to find individual pieces of Scripture to find apparent contradictions. however, at least one of you has outright said that he hasn't read the Bible. It is totally inappropriate to make fun of what you haven't read.

While Christians, who have read and prayed may come up with varying interpretations and applications to minor things, like manifestational gifts of the Spirit or going to the movies, alcoholic beverages, how old the earth is, etc... , there is no disagreement on god being the creator of this earth and its inhabitants. There is NO disagreement about what God said about sin, faith, and salvation.

God's message, has been clear and consistent throughout the Old & new Testament: God created. We are ALL sinful. We ALL deserve eternal death. God gives us ALL the opportunity to choose eternal life. We can't save ourselves. God, through His Son accomplished this for us. A choice of faith and living it is ALL that is required. Read the Bible and find out if what I wrote is true or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim:
    Ever heard of Mary Magdalene? What do you think?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,
    yes, I know of that particular quote from Jesus,
    and I understand what it means..
    but..
    millions of people have died without ever having been aware of Jesus or Christianity..through no fault of their own.
    I just cant believe that they would be punished because they were born 5,000 years before the birth of Christ,
    or because they died before they ever even heard about the Bible or Jesus..
    I just cant believe God would work that way..
    He would have to be far more fair than that.

If you happen to be born into a Christian family, and you know "the rules"..and then later in life you choose to reject Jesus..then fine, maybe then you had the opportunity for salvation and turned it down..
    but kids born into Muslim families in the middle east cant very well say "hey Mom and dad, and suicide-bomber brother, I heard about this Jesus guy, I think christianity is the better way to go than Islam, im going to become a Christian"..
    they cant DO that!
    any more than you could convert to Islam.
    its not in their culture, its not in their upbringing..
    sure, some do maybe, I know many people born into other religions DO convert to Christianity..
    but many people born into Christian homes also convert to Islam, or bhuddism, or Wicca, or whatever..
    I just cant believe that GOD believes there is only one true religion!
    He has to be far more understanding than that..

and! here is a cool theological question for you (or anyone)..
    (this only from a Christian point of view)
    why is it absolutely necessary to accept Jesus in THIS short lifetime?
    Say someone is 15 years old, they have just joined a chuch, and are just beginning to learn "the word"..but they have not fully understood or accepted everything yet..(and lest face it, there is a lot to absorb! you cant just say "I accept Jesus" without a good deal of education first!)
    so this kid has just started on his christian path..
    the day after attending his first church service he dies in a car accident!
    He wasnt "born again"..He hadnt yet got to the point of accepting Christianity or Jesus..
    is God going to say "oh, so sorry! you had the chance! you didnt accept my Son! sorry, its off to hell for you"
    NO! of course He would never do that!
    So..if one believe that, then it must be possible to accept Jesus as your savior AFTER you die!
    why couldnt that 15 year old kid continue his spiritual developement AFTER death?
    I see no reason why not..
    yet many christians say "nope..gotta accept it all fully BEFORE you die, thats the only way"..
    it CANT be the only way..

So, maybe all these people that are of the "wrong" religion in life have the chance to repent after death!

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scotty! I am suprised at you. Even in the Word of God, the answer is there. He is not wasting these lives who did not know Him. If you had the time to study the scriptures, there is indeed a provision for those who do not know Him. So no, God is not roasting babies over an open Fire, or anyone else who hears the message. Now, since this is an evolution thread, can we get back to that? This thread keeps getting off track because everyone wants to argue God vs. Evolution. Personally, I don't care about the issue, but try to stay on track to prevent locking of the topic. And no, I am still not convinced that evolution is a fact. Just because AE and Alpha are easily swayed by science, because it sounds good, some of us are more stubborn, and require much more than words. There are too many gaps to fill yet, and until the gaps are filled---well. I still think those who spout the Evolution Theory, and those who spout the Intelligent Design Theory, need to see where both Theories are good, and combine the knowlegde of the two. One sidedness, as I see in this thread, is counter productive, whether you are quoting the Bible, or some study. the Bible was written by man, and so were your evolution papers. Therefore, if the Bible is not infallible because it was written by man, then the Evolution Theory has the same credibility problems, as it was also written by man. Combine the theories, boys. And cull out the things that compliment the other, and open your minds for crying out loud, and quote your own discoveries, instead of someone else's.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC