User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 98 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dream job is xenobiology but the field doesn't exist yet. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EP, I assume you are talking about:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Glabrata is succeeding so every nepenthes species that ever existed in history should have succeeded? Does extinction not exist in the creationist reality?
    I'm not saying things don't go extinct. Everybody know they do. My point is, if everything but the most advanced form dies off, then glabrata should be around when we've got hamata. If things don't just die off like that, then we should have primitive nepenthes, meaning plants with only semi-carnivorous pitchers. These could be slightly hardier, even if they can't catch eat insects quite as easily.

Quote[/b] ]You should google the history of the location of those nepenthes to check if what you are saying is actually true for back then when primitive nepenthes where around.
    Dude, I am not of the opinion that there ever were ancestors of the genus.

Quote[/b] ]im talking about very good people who happen to not be Christian..
    Why should God accept them, or any of us at all? He is God. He created us. We sinned against him, we were not worthy of him anymore. He has every right to destroy us. The very fact that he is willing to forgive us at all is amazing.

It's like if you were to make a lego world. You make the lego people so that they chose to do whatever they want, but you tell them your rules. They promtly break all the rules, and act as if you never existed. Even if they follow their own rules to the best of their ability, they still aren't doing what's right (which you defined). That would be a reason to scrap that batch and start anew, right? Now if you are perfectly just, you are going to scrap them unless they pay you back for what they did. Since you are gracious, you offer to cancel their payment, and pay it for them. The only condition is that they repent, start following your rules, and get to know you.

That is basically what its like from God's point of view. If we reject him, it doesn't matter how "good" we are, we're still gonna burn.

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Jan. 13 2005,4:17)]I'm not saying things don't go extinct. Everybody know they do. My point is, if everything but the most advanced form dies off, then glabrata should be around when we've got hamata. If things don't just die off like that, then we should have primitive nepenthes, meaning plants with only semi-carnivorous pitchers. These could be slightly hardier, even if they can't catch eat insects quite as easily.
    I think you are getting too specific with this whole thing. When i say something dies off i mean it over a long period of time and because of big changes. The entire genus Nepenthes and the plants that are in it are all still here because they are extremely similar to each other.

In the museum we recently had to read a publication on DNA barcoding and their experiment on birds. They found that the difference between birds of the same genus was less than 4%.
    I'm not saying that within that a 4% difference isn't alot (only 2% separates us from apes) But there isn't alot of variation that can occur within a genus since they are classified BECAUSE they are similar.

My point?

There isn't something drastically different between nepenthes of in same genus so that only one dominates and the other don't. Thats why they are in the same genus. Because of their similarities. Primitive nepenthes are dead since they are VERY different from modern day nepenthes.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I made the lego world I would let the lego people run amuck as long as they did not try to kill me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

As for the Atlanta Text books. Thats interesting the issue with creationism, abortion, and gay-marrage are really all the same. How much power does religion (mainly Christian) have over goverment and how much power does goverment have over religion. The goverment is held by the constitution to not interfer in relgion, but what is holding religion back besides the goverment saying "seperation of Church and State"? Its my opinion that religion is trying to promote a theocracy and therefore has introduced and forced things like the Atlanta text books. I challange anyone to prove to me that either evolution cannot have happened or a god created everything. I do not belive that a god created everything. True we do not know yet how life came about on earth but we can prove evolution. Who's to say that Aliens did not land species from their planet on earth? Thats an argument that relgion and science cannot disprove. Religion would have to prove with out a doubt that a god does exist for me to belive that the god created all the different species.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]My point is, if everything but the most advanced form dies off...
    What I'm saying is that's not how it works. It has no hand steering it. It has no goals. It's simple cause and effect in motion.

I personally don't know what forms Nepenthes took before it was Nepenthes... I wish I did. But there are plenty of other examples (some of which I just mentioned in a post nobody will read) of ancestors and descendants coexisting in the world... what about them? They aren't being selectively ignored here, are they?

Quote[/b] ]Why should God accept them, or any of us at all? He is God. He created us. We sinned against him, we were not worthy of him anymore. He has every right to destroy us. The very fact that he is willing to forgive us at all is amazing.
    It's creepy how often God sounds like an abusive parent. I know of some even mediocre parents more compassionate and loving than that. Actually, if you study the behaviors abused people tend to exhibit, it does seem like a large number of people out there are in abusive relationships with their Gods.

Quote[/b] ]It's like if you were to make a lego world. You make the lego people so that they chose to do whatever they want, but you tell them your rules. They promtly break all the rules, and act as if you never existed. Even if they follow their own rules to the best of their ability, they still aren't doing what's right (which you defined). That would be a reason to scrap that batch and start anew, right? Now if you are perfectly just, you are going to scrap them unless they pay you back for what they did. Since you are gracious, you offer to cancel their payment, and pay it for them. The only condition is that they repent, start following your rules, and get to know you.
    Well, if we're going to humanize this being... why would he care about what little insignificant lego people do? Unless he's desperate for love and validation? How does an all-powerful being get insecure and needy? Why does he exhibit self-destructive emotions even semi-actualized humans have managed to conquer?

What happens when the lego people create a God in their own image?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Animals-like organism excrete nitrogen hence nitrogne rich material could be anything from an animal-like organism or the organism itself.
    I read an interesting article in a science magizine, Nature I think, that said humans were help in evolution by viruses. As you may or may not know viruses stay in the body even after the immune system destroys some. The baby in the womb gets anti-bodies and other useful, and not useful, items from its mother. After several hundred to thousand years the viruses will join the DNA. Not all DNA is used, only about a millionth (If I remember right). The "new" virus DNA makes drastic changes in the next generation. Hence the current Human. On that point (in another magizine and article) scientists are considering spliting Humans into two subspecies or varities based on characteristics even though both are compatible (able to reproduce with each other). I do not remember the details except wisdom teeth were a minor difference, I think immunity to radiation was also.
    Two species can occupy one Nich if they are not out compeating each other. On the note with Hamata and the other Nep. neither species is superior enough or prolific enough to out compete the other. The Neps are also compatable so with hybrid vigor and everything The hybrid is nost likely to out compete both species.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Jan. 13 2005,3:57)]My dream job is xenobiology but the field doesn't exist yet. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    That was FUNNY!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 13 2005,7:32)]Jim:
    Ever heard of Mary Magdalene? What do you think?
    I sure have. Something tells me that there is a question behind the question. I'll bite... why do you ask about her?

BTW.... how 'bout them Mets for reeling in Martinez & Beltran!