What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attack of the evil bunny rabbits............

here is a pic of my U. sandersonii in mass bloom. i figured i would post it here so more ppl will look at it here than in the Utric forum...................................

also here is a pic of a mini Cattleya orchid that bloomed for me after having it for about 6 months. it was supposed to be a nice bright orange........what do you think? hopefully the blue one will bloom soon

WoW! I wouldn't mind one of those!
smile_n_32.gif

nice pics, wonderfull planys

well on the sandersonii the way its spreading ill have tons of divisions come march or april when its warm enoughto safely ship.

the utrics of course!
smile.gif

orchids dont live for me
smile_n_32.gif

keep an eye on the trade forum this spring. ill probably have 10 1/2-3/4 inch plugs for trade and give away. its an extreamly simple species to grow and flower. it spreads faster than most species too.

I certainly will! :p
I've been able to keep my first and only moth orchid alive for months now
smile.gif
still flowering! (last couple of them though)

i have a heck of a time with moth orchids. Oncidiums are much easier to bloom for me.

my only orchid experience was coming across a very rare White lady's slipper (the species, not a white variety of pink lady's slippers) in a marshy area back east

well, when I bought it it was blooming... then I thought it was finished but it grew more flowers. (the last flower is weird...)
I basically just have it in a windowsill (it's potted in sphagnum!) and water it when it's dry. I thought it would be hard to just keep it alive!

i can keep them alive its getting them to bloom again thats the problem. i have a nice large healthy looking one that ive had for 2 years or more that was blooming when i got it but i havent gotten it to bloom again.

Back