What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tsunami disaster

I was wondering....
The NASC auctions went so well...do you think we could do the same thing to raise money for disaster funds?

Cheers,

Joe

I vote yes, lets do it. Could someone suggest this idea at CPUK too?

We should have a poll!

I vote yes too. I could use some new plants anyways
smile_l_32.gif

But it's tough to ship plants to or from many of us this time of year.  As mentioned in the Sri Lanka thread, a need will continue after the relief organzations have moved on.  So maybe we can do as much good even if we delay the auction a couple months.

Yes, herenorthere is probably right, sigh. I was caught up in the moment, but I had a recent shipping death due to the cold weather(though today is supposed to 65 F in Nebraska, which would be a record high).

Cheers,

Joe

Bruce is correct IMO. I'm just about to post an update on the situation. There is now quite a bit of duplication of effort on the first-aid front. The current problem is reaching people in time which is not something we can do much about right now with small funding but there will be very much that can be done months or even years ahead. See update thread.

Rob

Back