User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lauras cp program...............

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a comment box for date planted/sowed and date seed sprouted, etc.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OO OO!!! BCK just gave me two more ideas: Date pollinated (where applicable) and last flowering date.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bless Lauras heart!! This is very cool. For any who want to be in the NASC growing program, this would be a must have. For collectors in general, a great program for tracking plants, a growlist of sorts, etc. Rattler, remedies for sick plants would be good. Remedies for fungus' and molds could be posted, a whole mess of things! Thanks Laura! Thanks, Rattler!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didnt have as much free time as expected and Darla informed me i was doing things wrong and tossed me out of the drivers seat and took over. sooooooooo im not as far along as i hoped i would be but at least it will be done right. the main page is done other than Darla doesnt like the look of it cause there is to much info and she doesnt believe id scrolling for stuff like this so shes going to add another page to split up the data. so "i" have to add another page for plant history, fix the germination and disease pages and fix some minor stuff so the tables and search functions work right and it should be ready to go. my original thought of it being done in another 10 days or so should be easy enough to meet. thanks for the support every one.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are going to show us all the finished "product"??
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting question. kinda hard to do without "giving" you the file. ill have to chat with Laura and see what she wants to do. its her program. im just donating Darlas and my own time to fix it and am trying to keep everyone updated to make sure there is interest. she dished out a nice chunk of change for the original program. but to give you all an idea of what the program is doing, it allows you to enter such data as who you got your plant from, how much you paid, original measurements, current measurements, growing medium, disease/problem history, common name(for us usually something along the lines of "sundew") locale, cultivar/variety, when seed was planted, when it sprouted, when it was put into dormancy, when it was taken out. ect ect ect. i think all of it, but definatly most of it, will be able to be searched by plant type, date recieved, pest problem and stuff like that. it will do what some of us have tucked away in a Word file or a notepad suffed on a shelf and do it in an orderly, searchable data base.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool, Rattler. You are right on showing the product to us. I say "duh" in my defense! I could use a program like that for the NASC Growers Program and am dying to get one. I will try not to die until I get one though.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 31 2004,10:23)]...i know she is kicking around a few ideas such as a small donation, like $5 or something, to NASC...
    Rattler, if it does everything on the "wishlist" of the previous posts, then a $5 donation isn't enough. I would think that it should be at least $10 to $15 minimum.

Would it be possible to see a couple screen shots of the program to get an idea of what we'd see after entering info on a plant?
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast