User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lauras cp program...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry, I missed this back here. My Rattler, you’ve been busy! Impressive!

I searched the Internet for a program that would meet my needs and repeatedly came up empty handed. There were a few that were close. One was $39 and the other was around $60. Neither performed the way I believed they should to be able to be utilized as a functional tool and they lacked practicality. That was why I originally had someone set up the program. I blatantly gave up trying to locate a comprehensive application that would work for me.

The beneath "beta" (in need of many “fixes”) version actually did include a search engine for both common names as well as the botanical names. I also had the gal include drop down boxes which I thought was neat. There were areas for drop and drag of photos which would be an added benefit for someone like me. Yes, it was set up more toward outdoor CP growing as I currently have a little outdoor bog and have recently excavated an area for a considerably larger outdoor bog that ended up well in excess of 3,000 gallons so I did sort of gear it more so toward those with greenhouses and outside growing areas however it appears Rattler is doing a fine job addressing major deficiencies right now as I type and he is enhancing the program. Other than that, there was an area for fungal, bacterial, and insect infestations which I believe had space for notes. I am thinking that Rattler's knowledge of CPs combined with Darla's skill set in programming most probably far exceeds the team of me and the gal I had create this so it will be awesome to see what we get as an end result now that people who know what they are doing have taken the baton.

I have visited several websites that had pastel or rather faded backgrounds of CPs. I would like to see some innocuous faded backgrounds added to the application merely for aesthetics. Makes it less obnoxious to stare at when entering data for hours on end. This is an X chromosome request. It’s a girl thing.

The other thought rolling around in my head was that I would love to see if some of the folk who created artwork of CPs would be willing to contribute any time and talent creating artwork for this program. I was thinking some of the folk here who designed logos for the NASC were talented beyond my wildest dreams and wouldn't that be nice to use some of what they did as background or wallpaper or whatever you call it for the program. Just a thought and it sure would make it more appealing.

A name for the program…hmmm. Never thought about it. It’s Rattler and Darla’s baby now so I say what ever they so decide to name it is fine with me as long as it isn’t “Laura’s CP Program”.

I see a definite need to add a data base back up feature to save data when exiting the program. This way, if data ever needs to be restored, it could be done so from a desktop icon.

My thoughts were to gently ask if people would be in a position to donate $5 or whatever to the NASC for the application BUT... I would feel uncomfortable making use of the program dependent upon a contribution. I do see where Rattler’s cd purchase, burning, bubbler mailer, and postage costs MUST be covered and I have no idea what those would be. People are quite generous and if they can afford to make a donation or see fit to contribute to the NASC, they will. I'd really prefer a "no strings attached" deal for anyone who is a member of Terra Forums. Other than that, I'd be happy to turn over any interest I have in the program to the NASC and they can sell it at their new website if they so desire when they get up and running for whatever they deem appropriate.

Lastly; legal jargon, warranties (none), and disclaimers need to be added in there at some point in time prior to distribution.

Gosh, this program will end up having form and functionality despite me! Thanks Rattler!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if i knew how to do a screen shot i would post that no problem, but im at a loss on how to do that. im working on the drop list thing. i can see where it will be handy but the way the original programer set it up will not work for how alot of us do things, but i think i figured out how to fix that. Darla is pretty dang sure that we can set up a search function to cover alot more than just common/latin name, in fact as i understand it if you wanted to you can search for all the plants you paid $5 for. Darlas nursing a knotted up muscle in her back and is in no mood to program at the moment but she has given me a couple books and said she would help if i get stuck. i have all of next weekend free other than maybe a few hours of flying around behind my house on a snowmobile so i HOPE to have it done by Monday.

on the background thing, im pretty sure i can throw something back there but all i have is average quality pics of my plants, and no time to mess with them in Photoshop. if some one had a couple nice pics they have "faded" to look nice as a background and they wouldnt mind donating ill do my darndest to get them to work.

as to the warrenty thing, well ill burn the file to a couple CDs and strategically place them in a few places so ill be able to send the program out if you loose it do to a computer crash or whatever but it will be a good idea to back it up yourself every so often cause i cant replace your data.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Jan. 04 2005,8:23)]if i knew how to do a screen shot i would post that no problem, but im at a loss on how to do that.
    You might try Screenshot Pilot, which is Freeware and very easy to use. You can download the 3.21 MB executable file from
    http://www.freeware4pc.com/utilities...hotpilot.shtml

There are numerous other screenshot capture programs, but this freeware program is free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Bob. Tuesday and Wednesday are quite busy for me here at the paper. i should be able to get a screenshot up thursday or friday to give you guys and gals an idea of the rough program. chances are ill get yah the screenshot before i do anymore tweaking so what you see wont be the finished product just a decent idea of what the program is going to do. most of whats left to do is just making it more user friendly and making it so im happy with it.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot about this. So much going on lately. Rattler, what have you tweeked lately?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol your not the only one that has forgotten it a bit. unfortunatly your program had caused a bit of a "personel malfunction". meaning that it gave Darla the idea that the Herald-News's web page needed to be done and done now so i got tossed off the computer [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] oh well most of it is now done so maybe i can sneak back on the 'puter to finish it. its supposed be miserable and blizzarding between now and sunday so i should be able to get it done. i have no interest in snowmobiling ing 30mph winds and blowing snow [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tee he... personal or personnel malfunction???

So, sorry. I couldn't resist being as how it was your wife!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't want this to drop off my view list.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast