What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sten

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
G

Where could 1 purchase a Sten?

-Da Doode

A submachine gun......? Uh....try a firearms forum maybe?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Jan. 02 2005,1:32)]A submachine gun......? Uh....try a firearms forum maybe?
Not just any old submachine gun... this thing is old school, the magazine loads in from the side too!

Hey I shot one of those when I was in Vegas a couple years ago. It's old-school all right! But, why ask that in a plant forum? And aren't they illegal in most places?

Capslock

lol you're barking up the wrong universe... a PLANT forum? LMAO!!! Maybe if spec was still here he'd tell ya.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Jan. 02 2005,10:57 PM)]Hey I shot one of those when I was in Vegas a couple years ago. It's old-school all right! But, why ask that in a plant forum? And aren't they illegal in most places?

Capslock
Heh, Old Skool all the way. A lot of people have guns, I figured SOMEONE on heres gotta know. They only shoot like 75 yards MAX so they're actually legal in almost all states 'cept California of course. California doesn't allow anything...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 02 2005,11:15 PM)]lol you're barking up the wrong universe... a PLANT forum? LMAO!!! Maybe if spec was still here he'd tell ya.
I don't see why I am, many people are gun owners...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Jan. 02 2005,11:35 PM)]are those like those old WW2 grease guns?

Yes they are, pretty much a prototype of the MP40 and MP45. The UK didn't have their own SMG at the time so they had to come up with one--quickly. So they made the STEN. The first and second models are very old skool but the newest ones are pretty advanced, actually. I want the second one. The first one blows up too much and the newer ones are just too.... new
laugh.gif

bumpty

They are legal to own atleast here in Michigan, as long as they are registered and fired in a legal area. But only fire 75 yards? Any firearm firing smokless powder with a centerfire cap can be deadly well beyond 300 yards, most people could not hit what they wanted to with that gun at that yardage but it can be done.

As cool as autos are, I'd just assume a gun that is practical for say. I usually shoot 25vault6, or 22mags, and I've shot a couple 12 gauges here and there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wolf9striker @ Jan. 02 2005,9:01)]They are legal to own atleast here in Michigan, as long as they are registered and fired in a legal area.  But only fire 75 yards?  Any firearm firing smokless powder with a centerfire cap can be deadly well beyond 300 yards, most people could not hit what they wanted to with that gun at that yardage but it can be done.
Sure, but thats when these amateurs use their own shells and fill the entire things with gunpowder. The barrels don't last for long when you press it like that. 'Specially on a 60 year old gun...

Back