Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Newbie needinh help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i'm new to this forum and i need some advice on growing my fly trap and cobra lily. I have a tropical pitcher plant already but these two plants a re different. Do i have to use terreriums? (i really don't want to) I've looked at a few care sheets and they all say different things. Thanks in advance for your help!

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.K

No, you dont have to use a terrarium.

VFT and Cobra Lily should be in dormacy by now, keep them cool and fairly dry.

And are the Neps highland or lowland?
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what they are. someone gave them to me and i've kinda nursed it back to health.What's the difference and maybe I could tell ya. both of the new plants are in these plastic containers, do I leave them or take them out? they look pretty wet so i shouldn't have to water them right away? how do i tell if they are dormant or not?

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which plants? The Npes or the VFT and Cobra Lily? If any one of them is in the plastic things, take them out straightaway. The Neps dont have or need dormacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no the neps are huge it is in a hanging basket. all the pitchers were dead so we cut them off. it's just hanging in my kitchen/dining room window. the other two (cobra and vft) are both in plastic things. so when i take it out what do i do with it? do i take both out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, both out, they will probbaly rot or catch fungus if you dont take htem out.
    Hmmmmm, I suppose you can get away wiht no dormacy this year(really late to put them in dormacy now)
    so just put them on a warm windowsill and stand them in trays full of rain or disstilled water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on your conditions.. you might just need a terrarium. Do you live in a relatively dry/humid place?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 02 2005,2:38)]Depending on your conditions.. you might just need a terrarium. Do you live in a relatively dry/humid place?
    if you dont live in a desert, one isnt necerssary, esspecially for the VFT and Cobra Lily.
    Isnt necerssary for the Neps either, unless they are something like N.villosa.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast