User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you were to study the genome of a cp...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone know if carnivorous plants have been genetically classified before? (for example taking the genus nepenthes studying all the genes within the species in the genus and classifying them (which one came from which, which one is the oldest specie in the genus, etc)
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone that can give me a link to the actual published article.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I can't choose my favorite, that's like picking which of your kids is your favorite.
    Exactly, now make your choice. ... Wait... You mean you can't choose a favorite child?? What an odd parent. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Est @ Feb. 25 2005,8:42)]
    Quote[/b] ]I can't choose my favorite, that's like picking which of your kids is your favorite.
    It's not that serious...

anyone have anything regarding my question?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AE, Look for the experiments on s. purpurea's. They were being studied once as a possible cancer cure. I do not know what the studies ended up reflecting as I did not follow them for too long. As far as genetics, I have been wanting to do that for years! It might even be possible to find out through the genes more or less where they came into being, and how they spread out, all through their genetic codes. And if their are genes common to particular strains, and if those strains crossed long ago to build what we know as species today. A total history of sarracenia through genetics, and genetic coding. Possible??
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 26 2005,2:13)]A total history of sarracenia through genetics, and genetic coding. Possible??
    That's what i'm going to be doing. I'm going to analyze a reliable gene (COI) and using PAUP and other DNA sequencing techniques, compare the plants and come up with a history of which came from which. It's simpler than it sounds and it'll be fun to see what the computer comes up with. The results will be pretty reliable but not perfect and it'll be the start of my research.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will you be doing that?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast