User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yah know you live to far north when.......

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anybody remember the 48" of snow that fell in Watertown in one day(1977?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The toilet in your house freezes and cracks the bowl.
    Good thing the water was frozen, didn't go anywhere.
    Now that I blew cellulose insulation into the walls, it's much warmer. Hazards of living in a house built in 1900. No insulation.

Kirk
    Fitchburg, MA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You walk off the end of your raised porch and disappear in snow that over your head *luckily a family member saw me disappear* Mass. in 77. Yes Jim, I do. I have seen that and more fall.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Tamlin or Tony remembers it, being close enough by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably. I lived nearby back then.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was before my time here. Although Syracuse had a blizzard back in 1995? 1996? that shut down the city for a couple days. They actually stopped plowing nonemergency roads and diverted all plows to the main roads in and out from hospitals etc. There was a curfew on driving unless you had a civil pass for emergency work (doctors etc). My wife is in the medical field and I actually got her to the hospital after plowing through 3'+ snow drifts in an '81 buick. (don't read this part Copper) Road signs, traffic lights etc didn't matter.. once we started rolling we just kept going!

Then there was the icestorm in the north country where I am now that knocked out power to multiple 100,000's of people for a LONG time. That was er.. (I am bad with dates) around 1998. Power at my house was totally out for 2 full weeks. We loaded up the chain saw and took the Jeep to get to the hospital that time...Used that chain saw several times to clear the road along the way if we weren't able to drive around the obstruction.

Wouldn't trade it for anything.. you can only get so nekkid when its August in Florida as you run from AC to AC. At least when it's cold you can just add some more layers and your warm.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When scraping the windsheild includes in the inside of of the windows. Yer breath freezes quickly past -10.

Joe

Tony,
    I remember the ice storm in 98. I was without power for 14 days. Whole city was down for 3 days. The transformers in the night are so pretty, pink, green, blue along with the BOOM!!! The subtle sound of limbs cracking.
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally off topic, but Joe, you have 1066 posts. Also, that is the year attributed to the Battle of Hastings (not Nebraska). Wasn't that William over Harold in extra innings?

.... you hear weather reports of "mountain snow" in August.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast