What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're a southerner if....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Jan. 15 2005,1:43)]Day 5, 1:39 PM. The ongoing struggle to keep the South from being Assimilated into the North continues. I have full confidence, though, as I lie here on the futon, staring at the ceiling with a shotgun at my side to protect my territory from invaders, that Florida will forever be Southern. It's the southernmost Eastern state there is. It cannot be Assimilated into Northern territory unless you consider it as North of what, Cuba? We will win the fight. And we will sing Yankee Doodle at them, we will. And it will feel good.
Don't trip over the "snowbirds"!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Hey FTG, I have to disagree. The Orlando area may have Disney World, Seaworld, Universal studios, Universal's Islands of adventure, The Holy Land Experience, Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede, the Central Florida Zoological Park, Wet and Wild, Arabian Knights Dinner theater, Midieval Times, Gatorland, etc.
Don't forget Tampa has Busch Gardens and the Lowry Park Zoo, Winterhaven has Cypress Gardens, Ocala has Silver Springs, and even Titusville has the Kennedy Space Center's Visitor's Center. I think I have to agree its just one big theme park. This message has been brought to you by the Florida Tourism Center.

If it weren't for some people heading to Florida for a week or more every year, I'd get no peace at all.  Thank you Florida.

You'all come right on down now.  Just bring money.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 15 2005,1:02)]FlytrapGurl, you've restored my hope for the South.  Thanks.
*blinks*

Yes, but Kennedy Space Center is not a theme park. Trust me, I've been there amout 339 million times. The thing that pisses me off is the fact that Florida has now been made into a fun-in-the-sun, head-in-the-clouds novelty, when it's really just like any other state. All I'm asking is that the working-class reputation of the South be restored and for the tourism industry to stop this crap with Florida, making it the joke of the US. People just don't take Florida seriously anymore and it pisses me off. It needs to be taken into consideration that most of Florida is small, simple towns with an almost nonexistent mall, lots of gas stations and small fast food places, just like any other state. It's not frickin' Disneyland everywhere. Go to Myrtle Beach, SC if you want thick beach atmosphere and Broadway strip malls and surf shops and mini golf joints every 9 feet. Literally.

I wish I could take some of these tourists on the 2-hour trail ride at the ranch I go to. Spider-filled woods, long strips of sand dunes among a desert-like environment of ground-level scrub, and lots of mud in between with the tracks of tresspassing four-wheelers and the occasional little white bottle propped up against a log to mark a trail leading to illegal pot plants. That's REAL Florida.

is there any undeveloped coatal strips left that arnt contaminated by garbage there?

Finch, for your information, yes. Most of the coastline in this here city is undeveloped and mostly used as beaches or fishing spots and not all that dirty, because most of it is part of the wildlife refuge and there's, like, jail time for littering. But now they're starting to build condos on the coastline of the Indian River in town, so I guess they're saying to themselves, "Screw nature.. let's build condos even though we don't need them!!!"

*dies laughing* I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!

LMFAO!

"The Sunshine State"? Screw that.. Florida: The Plywood State!

EDIT #3: Hey, where'd you get those? I need to print those out!

right click on the pic, properties, and look at the URL.

Oh, well, duh... *smacks head*

You know you're in the South when you see...
Chicken fried Chicken or Chicken fried steak on the menu...
(It is good!!!)

Drive-throughs on the liquor stores (Truth.. Pensacola FL you could pull up in your car and order a mixed drink back in 1987)

Kirk
Fitchburg, MA

Back