What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're a southerner if....

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
You know you're a southerner if....

•You donn the windbreaker when it gets below 55

•You royally H-A-T-E the New England Patriots

•To you, "Hey y'all! Watch this!" translates to "Seek shelter at fast as possible!"

•You stand fearlessly out on the metal-framed back porch watching the spectacular lightning show that one can only witness in the south, while your visiting Yankee relatives huddle together in fear in the house

•You have no idea who the New England NaviGators are or why the waiter at Friendly's in Massachusetts asked you if that's what your Florida Gators hat represented

•You have observed, recorded and learned by memory KFC's schedule of when they're selling popcorn chicken and when they're not

•You can do anything for hours out in the usual 98-degree August heat that feels like 980 degrees with the humidity, completely undaunted

•It gets so hot your car won't start

•You sweat all night if you don't have the fan AND the air conditioning on

•You actually mistake the visible waves of heat radiating off the road a mile ahead of you for a deep puddle you must avoid

•Fine New England clam chowder? Hell no! CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON BITS IN IT!!!!

•You view a coming Cat. 4 hurricane only as an infuriating cancellation of next weekend's barbeque cookoff and a weak excuse to put holes in perfectly good plywood

•You "MUST ENCLOSE AND PROTECT COLLECTED 7 INCHES OF RAINWATER IMMEDIATELY BEFORE IT EVAPORATES"

•You need only "roll 'em up to the house tonight" to protect your CPs from cold weather damage

•You have devolved into a sinister, slit-pupiled, nocturnal psycho during the 3-week period of time some call Hurricane Charley Aftermath during which you've left the plywood on all the windows for the next hurricane, with no power, only 2 unidentifyable channels on the TV with a generator, with nothing to do but lay on a futon on the floor in your underwear, sweating profusely and staring for hours up at the cieling fan that hasn't budged in many moons

You know you are a Southerner if...

A Yankee is NOT a baseball player

You dodge anthills at all costs

Sorry, I can't stand the heat..I am out of this one.

You know you're a southerner if...

Three flakes of snow causes mass panic and a stampede to the local grocery store to strip it of milk, bread, sodas and chips.

If you fully expect to find (and do!) country ham biscuits on the McDonald's breakfast menu.

If you consider a Smithfield country ham biscuit to be a delicacy beyond beluga caviar.

If you know how to say "Please" and "Thank you" and "Well Ah declare!"

If you look out the window at an approaching storm and say "Lawdy, it's coming up a cloud!"

the mice run and hide from the bugs in your house cause they aint big enough to win the fight.

instead of keeping an eye on wind chill, yah keep track of the heat index

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Three flakes of snow causes mass panic and a stampede to the local grocery store to strip it of milk, bread, sodas and chips.
Oh so true and it drives me nuts... the road conditions don't change but they still cancel school.

You know you are southerner when you say "Well, ain't that nice(elongate the i)"

You know you are a southerner when you find a blind curve going up hill and you don't know how to negotiate it.( I know a lot of you are from Florida, and I'm from western NC, but you don't know how to drive on a mountain... at least we have 'em)
smile_n_32.gif

You know you are a southerner when you laugh storms everyone else is scared to death of...

Would I get smashed for contibuting to this thread as a Yankee?
smile_m_32.gif

You can't....and I mean CAN'T drive in snow...and if even ONE LOUSY FLAKE hits the road, you'll be the *&%^%# tourist who messes up my commute!
mad.gif

When it gets so hot outside flies occasionally drop like, well, flies.

90 degrees is considered comfy.

you know you're a southernern when you make a thread against the yankees... another war you're bound to lose
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 06 2005,4:22)]You can't....and I mean CAN'T drive in snow...and if even ONE LOUSY FLAKE hits the road, you'll be the *&%^%# tourist who messes up my commute!
mad.gif
LMAO!!! Darlas sister recently moved to Memphis TN and they got snow, anyways she called her mom one night really mad cause she was late to work because EVERYONE was going 15 mph in the one lane that was dry pavement. she said if they were going to drive 15mph they should have gotten in the snowpacked lane which i think it was a passing lane. i wonder why she just didnt throw it in 4x and cruise at 45 down the passing lane, thats what i would have done
smile_n_32.gif
btw driving in snow is FUN, yah just gotta know how to drive. its amazing how well and fast a 3,000 pound vehicle will spin  
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 06 2005,6:33)]you know you're a southernern when you make a thread against the yankees... another war you're bound to lose
smile_n_32.gif
Let's Go Mets!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 06 2005,6:22)]Would I get smashed for contibuting to this thread as a Yankee?
smile_m_32.gif

You can't....and I mean CAN'T drive in snow...and if even ONE LOUSY FLAKE hits the road, you'll be the *&%^%# tourist who messes up my commute!
mad.gif
i heard a few people talking on the train the other day...

"why didn't we drive?"
"oh my GOD are you out of your mind? it's supposed to snow today!!!"

i take it they weren't from nyc
confused.gif

that's the beauty of where I live. It doesn't snow too often as to make you hate snow, but it snows enough to satisfy you with the days off school you get
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 06 2005,7:29)]that's the beauty of where I live. It doesn't snow too often as to make you hate snow, but it snows enough to satisfy you with the days off school you get
biggrin.gif
i need a forecasted 8 inches + for school closures... what about you guys? .5?

as long as there's even a little snow on roads
biggrin.gif

what happened during that big blizzard back a few years? did everyone freak out?

"OH MY GOD!!!!!!! SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!.... quick honey to the supermarket.. WE MUST SALVAGE!!!.... where are the kids?? OH MY GOD THE KIDS!!!!!!!"
"....i'm right here daddy"
"cool dude check out his face!!"

yep, you hit the nail on the head.
LOL.
it was serious though. people died because the electricity went off and they tried to make fires and stuff. The electricity was off in some places literally for weeks.

yeah the south isnt really prepared for something like that.
i remember the big snow-storm a couple years back... 40 inches of powder.. don't remember if i had school or not
confused.gif

and it wasn't just snow, it was freezing rain. I took some awsome pictures! many trees fell down and all of them were covered with ice. heck... you were outside and you could hear branches cracking and falling to the ground.
too bad the stupid disk deleted them all
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

You'd love it around here then. 8" of snow. Roads snow packed and icy. People doing 45 to 55 mph. Just don't try to stop suddenly
laugh.gif
confused.gif

You know you're a southerner if you really do know what chitlins is.

Back