What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're a southerner if....

You know you're a southerner when every yankee you know comes to visit you between November and March.
....When every history course you took in school mentions the "war of northern aggression"
....When you know the blue on everyone's roof is not a new color of tile
....When you read the northerner thread shaking your head wondering why anyone would live in those conditions

you know youre a southerner when it hits 30 degrees on the thermometer, and you go outside to see if its snowing (true story) last year in florida the low, all season was 31 and I though it was gonna snow, and school would let out, here we've had 4-5" and not even a delay!
smile_n_32.gif

You know you're a southerner when you criticize the lack of family values in the north, even though the divorce rate in your state is twice that of Massachusetts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (buster1 @ Jan. 06 2005,9:25)]You know you're a southerner when every yankee you know comes to visit you between November and March.
....When every history course you took in school mentions the "war of northern aggression"
....When you know the blue on everyone's roof is not a new color of tile
....When you read the northerner thread shaking your head wondering why anyone would live in those conditions
That was the "War between the States" or "The Civil War".

Um... why would anybody want to live with heat and humidity for at least 7 months of the year!? Yiiiccchh!!

You know you're a southerner if you can't imagine there actually being snow on the beaches.  Beaches are for swimming and suntanning!!!

Jimscott, the reverse of that is why would anyone want to live with cold and air so dry it cracks your skin for 7 months of the year?

Ha, you know you're a southerner if you don't think its normal to get the flu at least once a year when it starts getting colder outside.

You know you are a Southerner when you regularly check your large stash of Confederate money...just in case.

...you insist your accountant include the amount on your financial statement.

...you KNOW the statement, "That's the way we do it in New Yak" doesn't work down here, and it probably doesn't work up there either.

...you acknowledge that the New England Patriots have a pretty decent football team but take pride in the fact most of them are Southerners.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You know you're a southerner when you criticize the lack of family values in the north, even though the divorce rate in your state is twice that of Massachusetts.

LMAO! Define irony, right?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 06 2005,9:14)]You know you're a southerner when you criticize the lack of family values in the north, even though the divorce rate in your state is twice that of Massachusetts.
Thas because every state in the south is 3 to 8 times larger than Mass.

You know you're a southerner if you wonder what the heck a terrium has to do with growing CPs, or why anyone would prefer a lowland chamber over a North facing poarch.

You know you're a southerner when Bear Bryant in considered a National hero.

You know you're a southerner when you intentionaly go looking for "Mutt" puppies because the ugliest dogs make the best "truck dogs"

D
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]•You stand fearlessly out on the metal-framed back porch watching the spectacular lightning show that one can only witness in the south, while your visiting Yankee relatives huddle together in fear in the house
my post got wiped. when theres contunuous nonsstop lighning brilliance so your room is half lit without dimming all night long with the lights off, flashes so often that the brillinace never fades. out here on the great plains, i think your southern thunderstorms are puny.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote (herenorthere @ Jan. 06 2005,9:14)
You know you're a southerner when you criticize the lack of family values in the north, even though the divorce rate in your state is twice that of Massachusetts.

To pick knits, he said the divorse rate, not number of divorses, which has nothing to do with the size of the population. It's just a percent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (buster1 @ Jan. 07 2005,8:00)]Jimscott, the reverse of that is why would anyone want to live with cold and air so dry it cracks your skin for 7 months of the year?
7? Nah, 3 at most. But you can always wear gloves, a hat, and extra layers of clothes if necessary. You can only go so far in the other direction - and still be sticky and uncomfortable. No snakes, scorpions, fire ants, or alligators, either! Just a little bit of shovelling.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZAK @ Jan. 07 2005,11:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 06 2005,9:14)]You know you're a southerner when you criticize the lack of family values in the north, even though the divorce rate in your state is twice that of Massachusetts.
The last time i checked a rate was an average or percentage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 06 2005,12:33)]you know you're a southernern when you make a thread against the yankees... another war you're bound to lose
smile_n_32.gif
*audience in background goes "<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>ooooh</span>"*

*battles with undeniable comeback*

Hey, I ain't THAT against yankees.. David Duchovny's a yankee.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 06 2005,4:14)]You know you're a southerner when you criticize the lack of family values in the north, even though the divorce rate in your state is twice that of Massachusetts.
Humor me. I'm a Democrat. I don't accuse people of "lack of family values". I've got better things to do than cruise around in a Cadillac with a Bush bumper sticker worrying about moralistic wastes of time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 07 2005,12:39)]Um... why would anybody want to live with heat and humidity for at least 7 months of the year!? Yiiiccchh!!
Ah, but jimscotscoot, we Rebels are used to it. It's normal life to us. Um... why would anybody want to live with hypothermia and frostbite for at least 7 months of the year!? Yiiiccchh!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZAK @ Jan. 07 2005,5:28)]
[b said:
PWNED!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 07 2005,6:56)]out here on the great plains, i think your southern thunderstorms are puny.
I don't care. The facts show and HAVE SHOWN for many years that Florida is the lightning capital of the United States.

Besides, Florida has more tornadoes per 10,000 square miles than any other state.

thats because your states not that big, and.... no way. two neiboring towns were scraped clean by tornados in the past 4 years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]don't care. The facts show and HAVE SHOWN for many years that Florida is the lightning capital of the United States.

DUH it dont thunder here in the winter!
smile_m_32.gif

Back