What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're a southerner if....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 07 2005,11:01)]7? Nah, 3 at most. But you can always wear gloves, a hat, and extra layers of clothes if necessary. You can only go so far in the other direction - and still be sticky and uncomfortable. No snakes, scorpions, fire ants, or alligators, either! Just a little bit of shovelling.      
smile_n_32.gif
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But you can always wear gloves, a hat, and extra layers of clothes if necessary.

Down here you can always NOT wear gloves, a hat, or extra layers of clothes. We know exactly how to stay cool in the heat. And we also have no difficulty wearing jeans and leather boots in the summer. Leather BREATHES!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No snakes, scorpions, fire ants, or alligators, either! Just a little bit of shovelling.
smile_n_32.gif

*mumbles under breath* Shows how you'd fare down here with the sudden need for skill.. *evil snicker*

never never go to the bathroom over a fire ant nest like mymlittle sister did when she was 4

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]DUH it dont thunder here in the winter!
smile_m_32.gif

Don't thunder here in the winter much either. Try us in SUMMER. You should've seen the nonstop lightning that one night last summer... it was like nothing I'd ever seen. Constant lightning, no darkness.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]thats because your states not that big

Check the facts. It's high on the size rank list. Besides, I said PER 10,000 SQUARE MILES. I don't care HOW big my state is.. PER 10,000 SQUARE MILES is PER 10,000 SQUARE MILES.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and.... no way. two neiboring towns were scraped clean by tornados in the past 4 years.

Yes way. Almost the whole state was scraped clean by hurricanes and tornadoes in the past 4 months.

Florida has the most tornadoes per 10,000 square miles of any other state. It's a fact. Period.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Shows how you'd fare down here with the sudden need for skill..

skill, what skill do u need with aligators - florada is mostly housing development sprawl. or, call the alligator romoval serive like everyone else there does

scraped clean, thats not that much damage these towns were wiped from the face of the earth. winds rech upwards of 500 in a tornado, 200 was what was in those hurricanes eye wall.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Florida has the most tornadoes per 10,000 square miles of any other state. It's a fact. Period

really? how many tornados have you seen in yourifetime thus far. im up to 6

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 08 2005,3:56)]skill, what skill do u need with aligators - florada is mostly housing development sprawl. or, call the alligator romoval serive like everyone else there does
You need to know exactly how close you can get to the bank of a lake, and yes, this neighborhood DOES have a retention pond with gators in it. You need to know what snakes are poisonous and what ones aren't, and yes, we DO get all kinds of snakes in the backyard frequently.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Don't thunder here in the winter much either. Try us in SUMMER. You should've seen the nonstop lightning that one night last summer... it was like nothing I'd ever seen. Constant lightning, no darkness

hehe just ONE summer night this year? Try three here. like nothing you;v ever seen? Every year here

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]we DO get all kinds of snakes in the backyard frequently
lucky! u have watermoccosins as well as rattlesnakes, we just get rattlesnakes

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 08 2005,3:58)]scraped clean, thats not that much damage these towns were wiped from the face of the earth. winds rech upwards of 500 in a tornado, 200 was what was in those hurricanes eye wall.
Don't go there. You weren't here. You didn't know what kind of a statewide crises it was. You didn't have to sit in your house with no power 6 hours before the hurricanes even came in each time and you didn't have to wait out the hurricane in a house boarded up with plywood, listening to the 150 mph SUSTAINED wind in your backyard, watching the cieling fan bobble up and down threateningly when a branch landed on your roof, silently waiting out 9 hours of uncertainty as to whether or not one of your several LARGE oak trees were gonna cave your house in or whether or not the low pressure outside and the high pressure inside would cause your roof to pop off like a soda top or whether or not the wind itself would do that first. YOU didn't have to see the mass chaos on the news, the towns and houses WIPED OUT, the death toll climbing. YOU didn't have to thank God you weren't a victim and you still have a house and YOU didn't have to pray the next hurricane didn't take you out. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 08 2005,4:05)]lucky! u have watermoccosins as well as rattlesnakes, we just get rattlesnakes
We get both.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 08 2005,3:59)]really? how many tornados have you seen in yourifetime thus far. im up to 6
I saw one barely a block from our house. And I don't CARE how many *I* have seen. I'm not the people who keep these statistics. I know this for a fact. If you want me to look up the website, I WILL.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 08 2005,4:03)]hehe just ONE summer night this year? Try three here. like nothing you;v ever seen? Every year here
I didn't say it was the only time, now did I.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Jan. 08 2005,9:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 07 2005,6:56)]out here on the great plains, i think your southern thunderstorms are puny.
I don't care. The facts show and HAVE SHOWN for many years that Florida is the lightning capital of the United States.

Besides, Florida has more tornadoes per 10,000 square miles than any other state.
Even though I'm a Yankee now, Yep florida is the lightning capitol of the U.S.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Jan. 08 2005,10:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 08 2005,3:59)]really? how many tornados have you seen in yourifetime thus far. im up to 6
Uhh I'd just like to say, why would you want to see tornadoes

Male ego over there.

ooh,
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]listening to the 150 mph SUSTAINED wind in your backyard
we dont need to wory aboyt thet because wd be dead within muinets most likely. and this years severe tornado outbreak lasted most of the year, not just hurricanne season. What, what, the deathtoll is ALMOST as high some years. no statistics for this year yet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Jan. 08 2005,4:15)]we dont need to wory aboyt thet because wd be dead within muinets most likely.  and this years severe tornado outbreak lasted most of the year, not just hurricanne season. What, what, the deathtoll is ALMOST as high some years. no statistics for this year yet.
Ooh, I feel so sorry for you. A couple of towns destroyed. Oh, you're wiped out!! NOT. Be insensitive to me, I'll be insensitive right back.

most while driving, you can see a long way here with no large buildings. i cant count howmany times iv had to go to to the basement when i hear theres a tornado heading directly our way...

FTG some of your comments were intendet to provoke me, you asked for it

Back