User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you're a southerner if....

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know you're a southerner if....

•You donn the windbreaker when it gets below 55

•You royally H-A-T-E the New England Patriots

•To you, "Hey y'all! Watch this!" translates to "Seek shelter at fast as possible!"

•You stand fearlessly out on the metal-framed back porch watching the spectacular lightning show that one can only witness in the south, while your visiting Yankee relatives huddle together in fear in the house

•You have no idea who the New England NaviGators are or why the waiter at Friendly's in Massachusetts asked you if that's what your Florida Gators hat represented

•You have observed, recorded and learned by memory KFC's schedule of when they're selling popcorn chicken and when they're not

•You can do anything for hours out in the usual 98-degree August heat that feels like 980 degrees with the humidity, completely undaunted

•It gets so hot your car won't start

•You sweat all night if you don't have the fan AND the air conditioning on

•You actually mistake the visible waves of heat radiating off the road a mile ahead of you for a deep puddle you must avoid

•Fine New England clam chowder? Hell no! CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON BITS IN IT!!!!

•You view a coming Cat. 4 hurricane only as an infuriating cancellation of next weekend's barbeque cookoff and a weak excuse to put holes in perfectly good plywood

•You "MUST ENCLOSE AND PROTECT COLLECTED 7 INCHES OF RAINWATER IMMEDIATELY BEFORE IT EVAPORATES"

•You need only "roll 'em up to the house tonight" to protect your CPs from cold weather damage

•You have devolved into a sinister, slit-pupiled, nocturnal psycho during the 3-week period of time some call Hurricane Charley Aftermath during which you've left the plywood on all the windows for the next hurricane, with no power, only 2 unidentifyable channels on the TV with a generator, with nothing to do but lay on a futon on the floor in your underwear, sweating profusely and staring for hours up at the cieling fan that hasn't budged in many moons
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know you are a Southerner if...

A Yankee is NOT a baseball player

You dodge anthills at all costs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I can't stand the heat..I am out of this one.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know you're a southerner if...

Three flakes of snow causes mass panic and a stampede to the local grocery store to strip it of milk, bread, sodas and chips.

If you fully expect to find (and do!) country ham biscuits on the McDonald's breakfast menu.

If you consider a Smithfield country ham biscuit to be a delicacy beyond beluga caviar.

If you know how to say "Please" and "Thank you" and "Well Ah declare!"

If you look out the window at an approaching storm and say "Lawdy, it's coming up a cloud!"
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the mice run and hide from the bugs in your house cause they aint big enough to win the fight.

instead of keeping an eye on wind chill, yah keep track of the heat index
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Three flakes of snow causes mass panic and a stampede to the local grocery store to strip it of milk, bread, sodas and chips.
    Oh so true and it drives me nuts... the road conditions don't change but they still cancel school.

You know you are southerner when you say "Well, ain't that nice(elongate the i)"

You know you are a southerner when you find a blind curve going up hill and you don't know how to negotiate it.( I know a lot of you are from Florida, and I'm from western NC, but you don't know how to drive on a mountain... at least we have 'em) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

You know you are a southerner when you laugh storms everyone else is scared to death of...
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would I get smashed for contibuting to this thread as a Yankee? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

You can't....and I mean CAN'T drive in snow...and if even ONE LOUSY FLAKE hits the road, you'll be the *&%^%# tourist who messes up my commute! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it gets so hot outside flies occasionally drop like, well, flies.

90 degrees is considered comfy.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast