Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking a trip to north carolina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to go to Carolina State Park (on beach near wilimington). You can look it up online. But that has every Cp in the South Eastern US (except some Sarrs obviously). Plan on a day minimum. Oh yeah the VFTs are not on the main trails. And no collecting.
    Tre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. I will look it up. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]actually there aren't all that many.
    True, there are only 6 species of venomous snakes in NC. If I am correct all but one are found in the same counties that he will be visiting. Also, When you go deep in the swamp you are way more likely to come in contact with them. I've seen them quite a few times myself. It's better to know they are there and be prepared.

Carolina State Park is one site I was going to tell you about. The cp's there are growing .3 of a mile on one side and about .5 a mile on the other. While you're in Carolina Beach, you should also stop at Fort Fisher. It's an old civil war fort. It has a nice museum. There is also a nice Aquarium there. I have heard that there are vft's growing on a nature trail around the Aquarium, but I can't say for sure.
    There is a ferry that runs from Ft.Fisher to Southport (Brunswick Co.). It cost only $5 per car. It cut's the time of your travel to Carolina Beach in half. It's perfect if you're going from the cp sites in Brunswick county to Carolina Beach.

I'll send you detailed maps and directions if you want.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]3--I plan on seeing the North Carolina Botanical Garden, is there a best time to visit that as well?
    In the mid growing season... May area.. they look great then.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Ozzy. I would appreciate any maps you may have links to. I really appreciate the advice, because this trip is all about CPs and I can't wait to take it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Flytrapgurl,

That sounds great! I have decided on the first week of May so that works with your suggestion already! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] Woohoo!
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May/June! The flowering season! If you can't find the plants, look for their scapes. Easier to find them that way. They can be fairly well hidden from sight by grasses and such, so be aware.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really sure exactly where in NCBG the CPs are, but there's one area with several 2' brick bogs right near a building.. usually the CPs look really good, like I said, in the growing season... I saw HUGE VFT traps!! And I don't know if they still do this, but there should be a shelf or two of plants for sale up against the building... some Sarracenia minors in black pots. I got mine there.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12