Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buried in snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony is right....we're having an oddly mild (so far) winter here in the N.E. Well, I guess we deserve it after the last couple winters, but still, I'd like to get one good snow fall. Got about 3 or 4 inches a few days ago, maybe another 2" will fall today. The back into the 50's later this week. Not common in NY in January!

Caps, looks like you need a flame thrower! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]There was even snow yesterday down here in Las Vegas, NV!
    So Hell finally did freeze overJust kidding guys...I love Vegas and Reno but the thought of watching the girls in the chorus line wearing long johns is...well...dissapointing.

Capslock, I just saw that South Tahoe got 80" of snow and 18' fell at Donner pass....is that possible? Or is some reporter embellishing the facts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 18 feet might be embelishing just a bit, but there is almost that much up there total now. It's snowed about six feet in the last round at my cabin, so I believe it's about 9 feet at Donner Pass, which is only about 10 minutes away up the hill. They had a similar series of storms just after Christmas that put down a good base, so the totals are getting WAY up there now.

It's clearing up now, so I think we're just about done with the snow for a little while. As bad as it is up here, they do a great job of clearing the roads, at least in the populated areas. I've been able to drive down into town with no problem once I've dug out my car. The dogs, meanwhile, think they've gone to heaven. They love the snow!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eight Feet!!! Is that normal for a storm there??
    In Nebraska, being so flat and level, we would probably be dead with that much snow.

Cheers,

Joe

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Jan. 11 2005,12:43)]Eight Feet!!! Is that normal for a storm there??
    In Nebraska, being so flat and level, we would probably be dead with that much snow.

Cheers,

Joe
    Only when the 3 inches you get blows into 15 foot drifts around the house.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I moved to Buffalo (I was still in college), they had the infamous Blizzard of '77. I was told that Lake Erie had already been frozen and snow had been accumulating on top. All it took was a strong wind from the wrong direction - and the next thing people knew they were buried, in a short period of time, incapacitating the City for a few days. Normally, it gets the Lake Effect by having the wind draw the water from the Lake and depositing it as snow on the City.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sister and brother-in-law live in Peyton (west of Colo. Springs). The area they live in looks a lot like the plains of Kansas. In the winter they often get only a couple inches of snow which then proceeds to get blown into 10 foot drifts. Usually in front of someones driveway or front door.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123