What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our puppy....

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
As some of you know we got a miniture/toy poodle. Well, tommorow she turns 12 weeks old and today I got up the guts to use the stuff I bought (book, trimmers,sissors and other assesories) to give her the first hair cut. We decided early we were not gonna spend all that money on hair cuts... Anyway, the puppy cur is supposed to be easy... Trim her face, feet, and tail.... eh... Easy perhaps if she held still? ? ? ? ? LOL, over all I think it came out very nice. Wish I would have thought about a before picture. Anywho. Whatcha think? Andrew
BC12WEEKS.jpg

What did you do to it's feet?

Trimmed the fur short like the face. lol. Before you couldn't see the feet at all... They actually had more fur than the legs do.

looks good.. feel bad for the dog though.. the torment..

I've heard that people buy dogs that look just like them. You must be a hairy dawg, yerself!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 09 2005,12:35)]I've heard that people buy dogs that look just like them. You must be a hairy dawg, yerself!!
Didn't know I needed to go into details... My wife wanted "A little dog" for Christmas. I picked a Miniature/toy poodle for her sine it is small... and not like most small dogs. They are not supposed to be too yappy, they don't stink and they don't shed.
TAW, yes... I think that is the main idea of the poodle cuts... to look sophisticated er something. I wouldn't agree and say she looks funny though.
Andrew

Well, I'm on your side Andrew. You can always count on me to back you up.
I think a poddle named Buttercup is a perfect dog for you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Jan. 09 2005,2:54)]Well, I'm on your side Andrew. You can always count on me to back you up.
I think a poddle named Buttercup is a perfect dog for you.
Thanks man! I knew I could always count on you! Yet you got it a tad messed up. Deangela calls her "ButterCup" I call her "ButtHead"
smile_n_32.gif
Close enough though. Thanks for being there!

Very interesting dog. What do the ferret's think?

She looks well trained... is she?

Joseph, the ferrets and her get along great! They play for long time before the ferrets get a little too rough for the puppies thin skin...
smile_n_32.gif

wezx, very well trained... At 5 weeks she was about 98% potty trained. Also, knew how to sit and lay. Now, she's better at all three of those, and we are working on a few other things... ..shake, bow, speak.

Awwwww...she's so cute! The trim looks great.
smile.gif
I don't care for the typical standard poodle clip although I know it roots are in protection of the joints in cold water (poodles are water retrievers). I like them left natural but trimmed for neatness. They are smart dogs.

Now...can you come over and trim Ollie Bean? His coat is so long he almost looks like a poodle.
smile.gif

I don't care for those odd trims either... I like the puppy cut... it's basic. And I might do the bikini trim when summer comes... After she grows out of the puppy clip (1 year) I'll probably go with the sporting clip which is the same as puppy clip except by then you got to sissor the body to keep it under control... See this site for examples. And those of you questioning the feet... Look at the pictures.
smile_m_32.gif

poodle clips
Also, I'd be happy to come clip Ollie Bean for ya!! We still need to work out when we are gonna come there for vacation. I can mess yer dog up then.
smile_n_32.gif

Andrew

Back