What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant id

Okay I have seen and have had people try to trade my plants back to me (2nd generation people) or I think they are my plants.
I have jsut recieve conformation that the D. intermedia 'cuba' that I have been trading is not actually from cuba, it does go dorment. I can only think of two people I gave it to.
Any way the following S. minor that was originally obtained from Tre Bond somehow got mis-labeled. Here's what I have seen
S. minor 'Jacksonville, Fl'
S. minor 'Jax, Fl'
S. minor 'Jax'
S. minor 'St. Augustine'
S. minor 'St. Aug'
S. minor '210'
S. minor 'Jacksonville, St. Johns County'
S. minor 'Duval County'
If your plants that originated from Tre Bond do NOT say:
S. minor 'Flagler Estates, St. Johns County'
S. minor 'Jacksonville, Fl'
S. minor 'Publix construction Site, St. Johns County Road 210, St. Augustine Fl'
please contact me. If yours has part of the label please add the rest.
These are the same plant:
S. minor 'Jacksoville, Fl'
'Jax'
'Jax, Fl'
Jacksonville, St. Johns County
Duval County'
These are part labels:
S. minor 'St. Aug'
St. Augustine
If you do not know the correct labeling please, please email me (Treaqum1@yahoo.com)

Tre, so you know there are a number of people who have found that the Cuba intermedia will form hibernicula if exposed to cold weather but will remain evergreen if kept as a tropical so it is still possible that you have the Cuba intermedia

Oh really? How cold? Would mid fifties-mid sixties for a week do it?

Mine have not, but I would think it would depend on the environment the plant had been kept in prior to going to its new owner. Mine are in a terrarium that is allowed to drop to a little below sixty at night, but comes up to mid-sixites, seventy during the day. If it was mid-fities to sixty for a week it is possible.

Then mine might be. I am not sure I grew them form seed.

Back