What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this allowed?

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
Posting a quote by contriversial people as part of my signiture, would it be allowed on this forum? Obviously not anything that I think would offend anyone, too much. Is their someone I should get approval from first? I know other forums will not let you post any quotes without approval.

Nah, you can go ahead and do it, and if you don't think it'll offend anyone, then you should be good. Go for it
smile.gif
If for some reason someone is offended by it, they'll take it up with you.

Will do. Gee when I sign on tommorrow how many complaints do you think I will get? I vote 10

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Will do. Gee when I sign on tommorrow how many complaints do you think I will get? I vote 10
Well, with a sn like 'estitabarnak' (shortened here as Est), you get used to it after a while
smile_m_32.gif
Well, I think that people will learn to know you before making a judgement on you by your signature. I for one will just assume that you're not advocating the holocaust, but there will be people who, on ocassion, will kinda randomly message you about it. Though, I hold faith in the people on these forums as a whole, so hopefully you wont have too much trouble here.

that's assuming people even read your signature :p (well, now they will LOL)
I almost never even give a passing glance to signatures
cool.gif

That's a great quote.

If that quote's right for you, go with it. It ain't for me.

I never did find a coherent translation for "Estitabarnak"

Sig whatever you want, they'll let you know if it's ok. No beef here!

Joe

Nothing wrong with controversy but uh, wow...

What does estitabarnak mean? I normally enjoy reading signatures and moderator level thingys, but somehow I just never noticed Treagum's. We had one teen banned, before my time, that was espousing racist views. That won'r be tolerated. Personally, I like the one that reads, "falls upstairs".

you were worried about that? hmmmmmm i thought you were going to put something "offensive". no cursing, no put downs, no nothing.......had it been said by Julius Cesear, or Churchhill or someone similar there wouldnt be a second thought on it. the only thing "bad" about it is it was said by Hitler, which these days rates fairly low on the offensive meter.

i to like reading signatures, ive gotten more than a few good laughs
smile_n_32.gif

Well I am glad I will not be kicked off or anything. I actually added it yesterday because so many people Pmed me o know it.

Well isn't that interesting.  Cpuk will not let me use it, neither will some other small forums in other countries (outside the US). I guess that proves that the US and Americans are more tolerant then other countries.  I liked some of the responses from CPUK- "being in bad taste".  Very interesting.
Here it is:
"If you are referring to the use of the quote from Adolf Hitler, I'd say that you are deliberately courting controversy. At the very least it is in poor taste and will be actively offensive many." Sorry if I am "stiring up contriversy".

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Jan. 12 2005,3:12)]Well isn't that interesting. Cpuk will not let me use it, neither will some other small forums in other countries (outside the US). I guess that proves that the US and Americans are more tolerant then other countries. I liked some of the responses from CPUK- "being in bad taste". Very interesting.
What are you talking about? I just read your thread with the same title at CPUK Forum
http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7771
and there is no such prohibition. In fact, I thought the advice was quite similar to what you received here. Are you just trying to stir up a controversy? If so, at least provide an honest report.

No. Why would I want to. I meant a Pm sent to me. I will copy it and Pm it to you

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BobZ @ Jan. 12 2005,3:58)]What are you talking about? I just read your thread with the same title at CPUK Forum
http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7771
and there is no such prohibition. In fact, I thought the advice was  quite similar to what you received here. Are you just trying to stir up a controversy? If so, at least provide an honest report.
Sure sounds like it to me. Sounds like hes trying to stir up trouble, and make other forums look bad.

"Sorry if I am 'stiring up contriversy'."

Well you are, so you should be sorry.
confused.gif
I also agree with the user, "Tim", that you're just trying to get attention too. Thanks for doing it though, because I was not aware of another CP forum, I think I'll pop in over there
smile_l_32.gif

BTW that quote is in 1942 not in 1932.

At face value, the quote is just a sociopathic version of New Hampshire's "Live Free or Die." The problem is Hitler did his best to make it reality. It's a creepy choice, but its context; pale blue fine print at the bottom of occasional postings in a plant forum, makes it pretty harmless.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 12 2005,6:16)]At face value, the quote is just a sociopathic version of New Hampshire's "Live Free or Die."  The problem is Hitler did his best to make it reality.  It's a creepy choice, but its context; pale blue fine print at the bottom of occasional postings in a plant forum, makes it pretty harmless.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] pale blue fine print at the bottom of occasional postings in a plant forum
BLUE?? I don't see any blue signatures :p
everyone sees colors differently. my mom says gray squirrels are brown, my brother says blue birds are violet, how strange.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 12 2005,6:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] pale blue fine print at the bottom of occasional postings in a plant forum
BLUE?? I don't see any blue signatures :p
everyone sees colors differently. my mom says gray squirrels are brown, my brother says blue birds are violet, how strange.
... its dark blue, but not bold so you cant see it that well... and maybe your family is just color blind
smile_m_32.gif

Back