Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omg! this is freaking me out!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Jan. 20 2005,2:50)]"[Thanks] to my algebra teacher for teaching me that A+B²=M+ ..., because Lord knows, I use that information every day!!!!"
    —Bill Engvall
    I use a variation of this question several times a week in the lab when I test the effluent from our wastewater treatment plant. I have often wished I had payed better attention during Algebra class so I wouldn't have to be refreshing my memory on how to calculate volumes of pipes and how that affects flows. You don't know what the future holds in store for you. Like you, I didn't think I would ever need this information. I had no plans to get into a job where I would need to know this sort of stuff, but I did. Had I been told that I would need to know this sort of thing to treat wastewater, I wouldn't have believed it. So....learn the things they are trying to stuff into your head in school, you don't know when some tidbit of knowledge will come in handy or even which bit will make your job/career easier.

I will now get off my soapbox. Thank you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So pay aattention in algebra or you'll never work in a wastewater treatment plant. I used algebra a lot too when I did septic system work too. Without algebra you won't do that either. Algebra gets done in morgues every day too. No algebra = no job in morgue. So study your algebra.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 20 2005,7:14)]So pay attention in algebra or you'll never work in a wastewater treatment plant. I used algebra a lot too when I did septic system work too. Without algebra you won't do that either. Algebra gets done in morgues every day too. No algebra = no job in morgue. So study your algebra.
    Are these dead end jobs [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it must be creepy to work in a morgue.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously doubt I'm ever gonna work at a water treatment plant in the first place.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aint workin...sorry but it never works for me. If you think about most internet magic tricks long enough you can find out how they work... this one i think is fromt the power of suggestion.
    So if I am hoping i see the symbol, I will, if i dun, then i wont... kind of a hallucianation insanity... very cool
    well hell.. thats what i get for not reading the first page. congrats to the genius who figured it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 14 2005,2:55)]The algebra of it is that your two digit number is 10X + Y. The site's example is 23, so X = 2 and Y = 3. The site tells you to add X + Y and subtract it from 10X + Y. That's 10X + Y - X - Y and that's equal to 9X. So, no matter what two digit number you chose, you'll end up with a multiple of 9. And that table uses the same symbol for 9, 18, 27, and every other whole number multiple of 9, up through 81. Those are the only possible answers if you start with a two digit number.
    Excellent explanation... A+ [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its bad that I got the rose petal thing after a single check...

Maybe I've played too many video puzzle games. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123