Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goin' to atlanta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Pyro,

Feb 6th is a Sunday so hoping the ABG is even open that day. Should be getting in at 11:30 AM.
    I'll be leaving Thursday night 7:30PM
    I'll be staying at the Marriott-Downtown 35 14th street so do you recommend I rent a car there or would there be good public transit to ABG?

I'd love to see the S. purpurea ssp. purpurea var. montana (Just love saying that...)
    If you've got some spare time or even if you'd like to show off your grow set-up, I'd like to meet up with other cp'ers.

Thanks for all the tips everyone,
    Kirk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABG is open on Sundays (closed on Mondays)

MARTA is our public transit and I think it swings by ABG. But if your hotel is the one I think it is you are probably within spitting distance of ABG (head East on 14th till you hit Piedmont, turn left and go about 1 mile.)

Let me see what my schedule looks like for that time and I'll drop you an email letting you know if I can swing it.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back from Atlanta and to anyone even remotely considering going to the Atlanta Botanical Garden... GO!!

Brooks Garcia kindly acted as my guide/host and showed me fascinating plants in the collection (Hope to have some pictures posted soon-still a bit new at that).

There was a fantastic orchid exhibition going on while there (designed by Brooks himself). Amazing shapes, colors and forms.

I was amazed by a 6-8' bed of N. truncata (all of which were flowering). They had a highland area with beautiful N. lowii and rajah in spectactular pitchering.
    They even recreated the Venezuelan tepuis showing Brochinnia reducta, and several species of Heliamphora (all in flower).

Their conservation greenhouse was unfortunately closed during my visit but saw several endangered Sarrs. Brooks pointed out a S. purp hybrid that was dark burgundy with pitchers 4-5" in diameter!!!

So to all that gave me pointers to sightseeing in Atlanta
    Thanks..... Hope to post some pictures soon.

Carnivorously yours,
    Kirk martin
    Fitchburg, MA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12