What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Msn im 6.2

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I don't use the Instant Messenger much, but everytime I try to login, it won't allow me to do so until I get the update from 5.0->6.2. So I go through the motions of updating it and a box comes up, giving me the option to repair some error. So I have it repar the error and 20 minutes after this process - I can finally login. When I try another day, I have to repeat the process. Why? What should I do instead?

Well, i find Yahoo IM capabilities to be superior, but you should install GAIM or Miranda or some other 3rd-party IM client. Less cruft, more compatible (work with several different IM networks), less bloat, less codependence on Microsoft for everything to work.

MS IM always makes outlook express flaky when it's installed, at least on W2K... along with the rest of the system. Alternatively you can get rid of windows and run linux. There are several suitable clients available for linux.

I find that the decomposition rate of a windows installation, much like the medium in some CP pots, lasts a year at most, and must be reinstalled/potted at that point to maintain a level of functionality resembling normal.

So should I uninstall / re-install?

I would try it,maybe it will work.Yahoo im is very good,I've had no problems with it.

Jerry

Back